Came to a decision, will almost certainly switch to dut in April

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
These two studies sealed the deal for me:
Conclusions: Dutasteride was shown to be more efficacious than finasteride and the side-effect profiles were comparable.
Conclusion: Dutasteride seems to provide a better efficacy compared with finasteride in treating AGA. The two drugs appear to show similar rates of adverse reactions, especially in sexual dysfunction.

Even not using I-3-C anymore (I ran out and didn't buy any more) I haven't developed any side effects to fin. I had watery semen, but it seems like that went away. The side effect profiles seem to be comparable and if I didn't have bad sides to fin its a good sign I won't have them for dut either. For my personal goals where I want great hair, not just coverage, it doesn't make sense to not switch to dut. My hair currently looks better than it did but still looks thin in the front if I part it, its not in great shape and I am not satisfied with it.
I'm going to give fin until April, pretty much a full six months, and only if my results are spectacular will I not switch to dut.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
I'm debating whether or not to switch as well, I'm still scared of sides tho cause my semen is not as thick as before.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I'm debating whether or not to switch as well, I'm still scared of sides tho cause my semen is not as thick as before.
If I get sides on dut I will definitely use the rec'd dose of I-3-C and wait for them to subside. I'll only consider jumping off dut if its been multiple months without sides resolving tbh. Gotta play the long game with these drugs.

If I get sides on dut I will definitely use the rec'd dose of I-3-C and wait for them to subside. I'll only consider jumping off dut if its been multiple months without sides resolving tbh. Gotta play the long game with these drugs.
What's i-3-c?

• +1
Dutasteride is much more costly as well. But it's what I am on and I don't regret it

• +1
What's i-3-c?
Indole-3-carbinole. Its found naturally in many foods (broccoli) and you can also supplement it. Its sold over the counter at a lot of supplement shops. Its marketed as a woman's supplement to balance estrogen, basically it seems to be an estrogen receptor antagonist - it binds to estrogen receptors and blocks estrogen from doing so. Mitigates a lot of 5AR inhibitor sides since many believe the sides are actually from estrogen getting too high or estrogen receptors being too sensitive or both, as opposed to DHT that's too low.
Dutasteride is much more costly as well. But it's what I am on and I don't regret it
Yes currently my insurance covers fin and I get it for like 89 cents a month. Dut would be a massive step up in price I'm sure, but its worth it for better hair.

How far did you recede before starting? Are you not concerned about removing almost all DHT affecting other things (facial bloat, muscle look, etc)?

How far did you recede before starting? Are you not concerned about removing almost all DHT affecting other things (facial bloat, muscle look, etc)?
I got to NW2.5, currently I'm growing back to a NW2 based on the hair coming back in around my hairline. What really concerned me was the thinning though.
Tbh not really, I think hair is much more important than those things.

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath