Camera zoom affects how you appear in pictures/videos. It can make you prettier or uglier depending on your face shape.

C

CopingForLife

Iron
I tested this myself. With my camera, I shoot pictures of me without zoom, which makes my face look a bit longer than it really is, and since I have a long face already, this distortion makes me look REALLY ugly.

Then I took pictures using different levels of zoom. I noticed that at the highest zoom level, my face looks wider than it is, which makes it look weird and unnatural.

I realized that the optimum zoom level, that is the one that I think looks the closest to what I look like in mirrors and how I think I look to others, is when I set the zoom to a level where the camera image captures objects as close as I see them in real life. So it's like the camera zoom is adjusted to the zoom of my eyes.

I have been always insecure of how I look but pictures sometimes made me feel sad and depressed because I look really bad in some of them, and this made me believe that this was really how I look to people. But I think this isn't true. Well I hope so, otherwise I'm REALLY fucked and I'm wasting my time trying to improve my appearance.

It's funny. I have a female coworker that has a very wide face which makes her ugly, but then I see the photos she posts online and she looks great, it's like a different person. And this is because the camera she uses makes her face longer and leaner, which benefits her a lot. But it's a LIE.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: didntreadlol and her
@SixFootManlet thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: didntreadlol
stop coping, if you look good you will find yourself looking good everytime. You might look slightly better in some lighting etc, but the fact is you still look good. If you worry so much about this camera stuff, it's time to rope

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and CopingForLife