Can big/long limbs be a sign of possibly growing taller?

zxim

zxim

Iron
I have pretty big hands, size 12.5 US shoe at 5’9 1/2 and 1.08 ape index, maybe I can reach 5’11 at least so I can fraud 6’0 - 6’1 with shoes.

No. Some people just have long limbs, like blacks, nerdics, native americans,,indians, southeast asians, etc

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
Is it more common for southeast Asians to have longer limbs than East Asians?

Is it more common for southeast Asians to have longer limbs than East Asians?
Yes due to the heat. One reason theorized for longer limbs and shorter torsos is the dispersal of heat. I have long limbs and a short torso proportionally, and I can endure 100 degree F days in a hoodie doing manual labor no problem. Meanwhile crackers in my area will die in an air conditioned vehicle during spring. It is easy to see how this could be a factor that causes certain populations to thrive in certain areas

Yes due to the heat. One reason theorized for longer limbs and shorter torsos is the dispersal of heat. I have long limbs and a short torso proportionally, and I can endure 100 degree F days in a hoodie doing manual labor no problem. Meanwhile crackers in my area will die in an air conditioned vehicle during spring. It is easy to see how this could be a factor that causes certain populations to thrive in certain areas
we were designed to be the overseers, not the laborers

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 72630
Some phenotypes just have longer limbs in relation to their torsos. It’s tied to skull indexes as well.

That’s not how it works but I know people who, when they were in freshman year of hs had disproportionately long legs and limbs and grew very tall. He is 6’7 currently

But you can have long limbs and feet and still be short. And vice versa

• +1
Reactions: zxim