don't be jealous asshole
Im retarded, can it?

• So Sad
Reactions: never_lucky
BSSO.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 17997
Isn't a BSSO just a bimax minus upper maxilla
Basically, but it can change the gonial angle, while I'm pretty sure BiMAX doesn't.

Or atleast not to the extent BSSO can.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17997
I don't think its possible. BSSO cuts middle of mandible so shouldn't affect gonions. Maybe it might work if you cut right before gonion and tilt the entire mandible.

yes bimax with ccw will lower a gonial angle

fuck you guys are stupid

not even ccw will affect gonial angle as the lower jaw is being cut in the saggital plane and only the medial part of the jaw is rotated; also the cut does not even each back to the gonion.

You can only fix gonail angle with imaplants altough ccw + implants gives the most natural results of done correctly. if ypu can do cce depends on your bite; CCW can not be done for aesthetic reasons only as it would mess up your mouth (teeth angles) if done despite you not needing it. it is a corrective procedure.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: one job away, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 16834 and 4 others
fuck you guys are stupid

not even ccw will affect gonial angle as the lower jaw is being cut in the saggital plane and only the medial part of the jaw is rotated; also the cut does not even each back to the gonion.

You can only fix gonail angle with imaplants altough ccw + implants gives the most natural results of done correctly. if ypu can do cce depends on your bite; CCW can not be done for aesthetic reasons only as it would mess up your mouth (teeth angles) if done despite you not needing it. it is a corrective procedure.
Can I DM you pictures to judge if I need ccw bimax?

no one in this shit thread has a clue.

Stop talking if you have no clue.

I mean you and you
Basically, but it can change the gonial angle, while I'm pretty sure BiMAX doesn't.

Or atleast not to the extent BSSO can.
yes bimax with ccw will lower a gonial angle

You have somewhat of a clue and what you said is mostly correct
fuck you guys are stupid

But now to the real answer

A BIMAX is a bsso (lower jaw osteotomy) and a Upper jaw osteotomy which is mostly cut as lefort 1. there are different cuts for the upper jaw as well but it’s not important for your question.

The bsso is as I said the lower jaw osteotomy. There are different cuts to break your bone. The most common one is as @FinasterideAt17 described called the obwegeser cut. It will cut the lower jaw infront or you gonions and thus will not affect the gonial angle. It will only create an unwanted steep of. A small nudge in your jaw line if you rotate the jaw too much.

There is however a certain cut called a high bsso. This bsso cuts the jaw not in the middle of the lower jaw but where the gonions are. This cut WILL change your genial angle but as it rotates the jaw where the Ramus is, this rotations is very limited. It’s also basically never done. The only surgeon who performs this cut to my knowledge is dr zarrinbal and he basically does no rotation.

• +1
Reactions: Korea
I need a squarer jaw what is the procedure

no it will not

no one in this shit thread has a clue.

Stop talking if you have no clue.

I mean you and you

You have somewhat of a clue and what you said is mostly correct

But now to the real answer

A BIMAX is a bsso (lower jaw osteotomy) and a Upper jaw osteotomy which is mostly cut as lefort 1. there are different cuts for the upper jaw as well but it’s not important for your question.

The bsso is as I said the lower jaw osteotomy. There are different cuts to break your bone. The most common one is as @FinasterideAt17 described called the obwegeser cut. It will cut the lower jaw infront or you gonions and thus will not affect the gonial angle. It will only create an unwanted steep of. A small nudge in your jaw line if you rotate the jaw too much.

There is however a certain cut called a high bsso. This bsso cuts the jaw not in the middle of the lower jaw but where the gonions are. This cut WILL change your genial angle but as it rotates the jaw where the Ramus is, this rotations is very limited. It’s also basically never done. The only surgeon who performs this cut to my knowledge is dr zarrinbal and he basically does no rotation.
fair enough but like you said nobody does "high bsso" as risk of damageing the n alveolaris inf. is MUCH higher. The only viable option to change gonial angle is using implants