Can braces and palate expanders ruin hollow checks?

IntelligentCel

IntelligentCel

See my signature and help me, please, if you can
Can braces and palate expanders ruin your hollow checks?

Palate expanders expand side teeth outward, which will add more support to the tissue below the checks, which will push the tissue outward and make it no longer hollow.

Soon I'm getting braces, and I think I may need plate expanders to expand the upper bite a little bit.

So, what do you think?

• +1
Reactions: Quncho
Can braces and palate expanders ruin your hollow checks?

Palate expanders expand side teeth outward, which will add more support to the tissue below the checks, which will push the tissue outward and make it no longer hollow.

Soon I'm getting braces, and I think I may need plate expanders to expand the upper bite a little bit.

So, what do you think?
I know that palate expanders can sometimes push the cheek bone up according to some studies but others say it doesn't do anything. I know that with braces, people will sunken cheeks can see improvements but some say that they can cause the cheeks to be sunken. It just depends tbh.

I know that palate expanders can sometimes push the cheek bone up according to some studies but others say it doesn't do anything. I know that with braces, people will sunken cheeks can see improvements but some say that they can cause the cheeks to be sunken. It just depends tbh.
I don't have sunken checks. Palate expanders can't change the cheekbone, as far as I know, they only push the side teeth outward.

Pushing the side teeth outward will add more support to the soft tissue under the cheeks and will push the tissue outward. This is why asked if these expanders can remove the hollow checks effect by moving the once inward tissue outward.

I don't have sunken checks. Palate expanders can't change the cheekbone, as far as I know, they only push the side teeth outward.

Pushing the side teeth outward will add more support to the soft tissue under the cheeks and will push the tissue outward. This is why asked if these expanders can remove the hollow checks effect by moving the once inward tissue outward.
The expanders widen the jaw but they don't do anything to your face besides that.