Can depression give you acne?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
in 2021 I had little acne the occasional breakout but mostly the creams and taking care of myself worked.

Got really depressed from the end of 2021 through May 2022. My acne is so bad now part of it was because I didn't care to take care of myself but its worse then it was when I was 16. Being depressed is literally going to give me permanent acne scarring

No
it can only get worse because of stress

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 11126
No
it can only get worse because of stress
I had really high cortisol rates too. I was too afraid to leave my room for a month

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I had really high cortisol rates too. I was too afraid to leave my room for a month
Cortisol doesn't cause acne, i was on a medication for my inflammation that mimics cortisol called predisone and it completely shut of my inflammation and sex drive ( i think my testosterone and estrogen were non existent on it). Once i stopped taking it i got the biggest cystic acne of my life, still have bad scars on my cheeks from that. I believe the cause is the rebound of testosterone and estrogen cause they were previously blocked

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
rookie numbers
If you don't leave your house a few times a week your mentally ill at least go outside.

I just felt very uncomfortable whenever anyone looked at me but I weaned into it this covid garbage actually is useful because wearing a mask made me feel less anxious

I was too afraid to leave my room for a month
rookie numbers
200.gif

accutane

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
Cortisol doesn't cause acne, i was on a medication for my inflammation that mimics cortisol called predisone and it completely shut of my inflammation and sex drive ( i think my testosterone and estrogen were non existent on it). Once i stopped taking it i got the biggest cystic acne of my life, still have bad scars on my cheeks from that. I believe the cause is the rebound of testosterone and estrogen cause they were previously blocked
Then wtf is causing my acne to keep getting worse? Like it was worse then at 16...

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
acne can cause depression

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19294
in 2021 I had little acne the occasional breakout but mostly the creams and taking care of myself worked.

Got really depressed from the end of 2021 through May 2022. My acne is so bad now part of it was because I didn't care to take care of myself but its worse then it was when I was 16. Being depressed is literally going to give me permanent acne scarring
Acne gave me depression and I'm still fucked in the head due to the trauma

Then wtf is causing my acne to keep getting worse? Like it was worse then at 16...
Bro i also suffer from acne, it has destroyed my face, i had it since 12 now im 21. Acne can be caused from different reasons, these are hormones, skin sensitive to touch/friction, irritation on skin, or skin sensitive to bacteria. But mainly it's from genes. Majority of people don't have skin care routine and they still have flawless skin overall. Have i seen your face? You can pm me it if you want, i never dox, you can ask users here

no, but improper hygiene and sugar can