can having bad posture make you recessed ?

Deleted member 13994

Deleted member 13994

Kraken
BTW I'm fat (might hold relevance)

Basically, when my posture is bad I have mogger forward growth

however when I fix my posture i have no jawline and everything blends into one

• +1
Reactions: Lethbridge, OOGABOOGA, deadend and 2 others

well you're fat
so..
there you go. lose the fat and you'll have the good features that you have when you push your head forward

and it's not recession if it's just massive amounts of fat hiding all your bones

• +1
Reactions: deadend, hebbewem, Deleted member 10987 and 2 others
So you're jutting your jaw out? Sounds like you're just masking bad growth

EDIT: Or too much fat

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987 and delusionalretard
But i will have shit posture
well you're fat
so..
there you go. lose the fat and you'll have the good features that you have when you push your head forward

Its because you lean forward which improves your submental region

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987 and Deleted member 13994
But i will have shit posture
when you're not fat your bones will not be hidden when you have good posture
also kinda sounds like you're chin tucking (like that autistic lele pons face she does) and thinking it's good posture ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994
Its because you lean forward which improves your submental region
Im leaning forward technically but even relaxed but with shitty posture I'm fine.
also kinda sounds like you're chin tucking (like that autistic lele pons face she does) and thinking it's good posture ngl
Im not doing that lmao but i understand how it could be perceived like that

• +1
Reactions: delusionalretard
Im leaning forward technically but even relaxed but with shitty posture I'm fine.

Im not doing that lmao but i understand how it could be perceived like that
I used to weigh 110+ pounds more than I do right now, and I had a double chin if I didn't put my head slightly forward, now that I'm not fat I no longer have a double chin with proper posture
If you're taking side profile pics with your head forward and tilted up then yes you're frauding forward growth, if you're just talking about a double chin then it'll go away with fat loss

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756 and Deleted member 13994
Ok i've spent a shit ton of tie researching this topic

I think it's precisely the opposite

Most bad posture is simply ur body trying to open your airway - if u gotta think about ur posture, it's a structural issue, most often caused by congenital tongue ties

causing future structural recession and bad mandibular positioning

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Deleted member 10615, lilhorizontal32 and 2 others
chin tucking is good posture

chin tucking is good posture
In every drawn example of chin tucking the character art has a double chin, yet the average person does not have a double chin with proper posture.

chin tucking helps create proper posture by bringing your head further back than it's supposed to be so that when you relax, your head is brought back forward but not TOO forward into forward head posture. Have you been walking around doing the lele pons face? that's autistic and not proper posture. It's muscle building, because you're stretching your head further back than necessary, it's not meant to be your neutral position jfl

In every drawn example of chin tucking the character art has a double chin, yet the average person does not have a double chin with proper posture.
the average person is far away from having "proper posture". correct posture is much more than just "standing up straight". your spine is supposed to be completely straight, from your butt up to your neck, like an arrow. the neck is supposed to be completely straight too, and finally the head is supposed to be in a chin tuck position. the reason why chin tucking gives most people a double chin is because everyone is so downward grown. i don't walk around with a proper chin tuck but i'm getting close to it. chin tucking doesn't give me a double chin.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, ManzareK and Deleted member 9467

No

the average person is far away from having "proper posture". correct posture is much more than just "standing up straight". your spine is supposed to be completely straight, from your butt up to your neck, like an arrow. the neck is supposed to be completely straight too, and finally the head is supposed to be in a chin tuck position. the reason why chin tucking gives most people a double chin is because everyone is so downward grown. i don't walk around with a proper chin tuck but i'm getting close to it. chin tucking doesn't give me a double chin.
I didn't say the average person has proper posture btw, I said the average person wouldn't have a double chin with proper posture

Neither the spine nor the neck is supposed to be perfectly straight. Straight neck is indicative of other postural issues, it's something that chiropractors try to adjust

Neither the spine nor the neck is supposed to be perfectly straight. Straight neck is indicative of other postural issues, it's something that chiropractors try to adjust
that's just plain wrong, don't know what else to tell you

I didn't say the average person has proper posture btw, I said the average person wouldn't have a double chin with proper posture
what is that article supposed to tell me? that they used an example where the person's spine isn't perfetly straight?

that's just plain wrong, don't know what else to tell you
Look at any anatomical picture, neither the spine nor the neck (technically part of the spine) is straight. What kind of robo-humans are you spending time around

Look at any anatomical picture, neither the spine nor the neck (technically part of the spine) is straight. What kind of robo-humans are you spending time around
anatomical pictures? that's your argument?

modern anatomical drawings are often based on the average recessed human and in this case it's misleading. Look into J vs S spine model

anatomical pictures? that's your argument?
Yes, that is my argument.

I'm trying to think of what a person would look like with a straight spine and neck. I'm picturing something like the Terminator hahahaha

Yes, that is my argument.

I'm trying to think of what a person would look like with a straight spine and neck. I'm picturing something like the Terminator hahahaha
These are pretty straight:

When chiropractors adjust a military neck it's because the neck is too straight in relation to the rest of the spine and thus carrying more than its own share of weight. Ideally the whole spine is straightened simultaneously and evenly.

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
I think you may be harboring some caricatural notion of straightness.
Hahaha this is one of the weirdest copes I've seen this whole year. Straight is straight. We know what "straight" means. Enough of this silliness