Can I mimic the effects of Adapalene by taking vitamin A?

socialcel

socialcel

Kraken
HIgh IQcels only. afaik adapalene is a retinoid derived from vitamin A, just like tret for example. By taking vitamin A can I get similar results or better than adapalene even, cause I'm directly ingesting it? Asking cause I don't have access to Adapalene

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LVZZO and Deleted member 49130
bump

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
Some clinical evidence shows that vitamin A can give you the same benefits as isotretinoin (accutane) at similar doses.
I did isotretinoin 20mg/day (which is low dose at my weight) for about 4 months, ~1,5months to see side effects (dry skin and lips) and benefits (less sebum and acne). Stopped the treatment for 5 months before I was had clear skin and the normal treatment period was over. My pathologies came back in ~1,5 months and aggravated a bit more with time, still a significant improvement from baseline after 5 months of stopping the treatment
Then I tried vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 15mg/day for about 1 month or so but had to stop because of hair loss which is a normal side effect of overdosing/treatment dose of vitamin A, although I'm not sure if it was related because I was going through some shit and not eating and sleeping well. Hair loss normalized after 2-3 months along with my general health.
Now I will start taking about 15-20mg/day of vitamin A again to see if I get the same symptoms and benefits as with isotretinoin, ofc without hair loss.
Isotretonoin has a shorter half-life than vitamin A, maybe it accumulates in the body for longer as a result, also isotretinoin is a medication while vitamin A is a supplement from muttland, quality and regulatory standards are different.
And with this shit I forgot you were asking about a comparison with adapalene, which you can buy from iherb if you are in EU btw
Topicals will give quicker results and maybe be essential while by the systemics route (orals) it takes time to act, but not be indicated if you just have some mild acne on your face and not an overall excess of sebum production like me.

• +1
Reactions: socialcel
And with this shit I forgot you were asking about a comparison with adapalene, which you can buy from iherb if you are in EU btw
Topicals will give quicker results and maybe be essential while by the systemics route (orals) it takes time to act, but not be indicated if you just have some mild acne on your face and not an overall excess of sebum production like me.
yeah I guess I’ll just pay $20 for shipping then, must ascend. My acne ain’t that bad but its still limiting me hard tbh

yeah I guess I’ll just pay $20 for shipping then, must ascend. My acne ain’t that bad but its still limiting me hard tbh
Iherb gives free shipping when you spend 60 euros, at least to me

taking UG accutane is a road to fucking your organs. not only could it be faked, when youre prescribed accutane you get monthly bloods to make sure your organs arent shutting down. its horrible for your health.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, distance decay and socialcel
Iherb gives free shipping when you spend 60 euros, at least to me
interesting, i’ll see.
taking UG accutane is a road to fucking your organs. not only could it be faked, when youre prescribed accutane you get monthly bloods to make sure your organs arent shutting down. its horrible for your health.
wasn’t talking about accutane

It could be faked if you order it from india or some shithole
your organs won't shut down lmao
If you are concerned, lower doses have been shown to be as effective, without as much side effects, treatment will be longer tho
it's not horrible for your health, it's a prescription treatment that will fix your health

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and socialcel