Can I mix Isotretinoin and Retin A with commercial Vitamin A?

D

Deleted member 2969

Nightmare
Just wondering if adding a Vit A supplement with these drugs could help furthermore

If you dose on Vitamin A while using Isotretinoin you are at high risk of experiencing Vitamin A toxicity, which can result in vision impairment, increased pressure in the brain, high cholesterol/triglycerides, and inflammation of the liver, pancreas, or the rest of the digestive tract.

Do not take Vitamin A while on Accutane. You can use Tretinoin while on Accutane, but it increases the risk of irritation so I wouldn't recommend it. But if you really wanna use Tret on Accutane, use a relatively lower dose (0.025%-0.05%), or reduce frequency of application.

I used high-strength tretinoin for the longest time, and neglected the fact it was irritating my face. I had sensitive, red, raw skin, with acne (since it damaged my barrier leading to further breakouts). I had to hop onto Accutane to fix that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BucketCrab and Deleted member 2969
If you dose on Vitamin A while using Isotretinoin you are at high risk of experiencing Vitamin A toxicity, which can result in vision impairment, increased pressure in the brain, high cholesterol/triglycerides, and inflammation of the liver, pancreas, or the rest of the digestive tract.

Do not take Vitamin A while on Accutane. You can use Tretinoin while on Accutane, but it increases the risk of irritation so I wouldn't recommend it. But if you really wanna use Tret on Accutane, use a relatively lower dose (0.025%-0.05%), or reduce frequency of application.

I used high-strength tretinoin for the longest time, and neglected the fact it was irritating my face. I had sensitive, red, raw skin, with acne (since it damaged my barrier leading to further breakouts). I had to hop onto Accutane to fix that.
Thanks bro