Can I tan if I use Retin A

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
I want to take my skin to the next level but Retin A weakens your skin I've heard. Can I still go out and get my vitamin D/tan

same question for benzoyl peroxide

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
no!! the only thing you can use are gradual self tanning drops like isle of paradise. you can tan your body outside but if you are using retin a on your face you want to avoid sun as much as possible that means hat, sunglasses when its sunny and sunscreen everyday.

• +1
Reactions: PYT
RETIN A on face = ALWAYS SUNSCREEN ON FACE / AVOID SUN ON FACE

I'd rather not use RETIN A with BENZOYL PEROXIDE unless ur derm told u so. (Even if he did, I wouldn't listen)

To get your vit d... just go outside. Forearms is enough if there's sun.
For tanning... Well you obviously shouldn't tan that much if you're using sunscreen, so forget it.

Btw if you plan to get a lot of sun (beach etc) it is best to stop using Retin A several days before / after sun exposition.
All these things are certainly explained in the leaflet with your product.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634 and PYT
RETIN A on face = ALWAYS SUNSCREEN ON FACE / AVOID SUN ON FACE

I'd rather not use RETIN A with BENZOYL PEROXIDE unless ur derm told u so. (Even if he did, I wouldn't listen)

To get your vit d... just go outside. Forearms is enough if there's sun.
For tanning... Well you obviously shouldn't tan that much if you're using sunscreen, so forget it.

Btw if you plan to get a lot of sun (beach etc) it is best to stop using Retin A several days before / after sun exposition.
All these things are certainly explained in the leaflet with your product.
i only asked about benzoyl because that's what I'm currently using. doesn't it take a year for skin to go back to normal after using Retin A? I live in Florida and play sports so sun is unavoidable. Should I still use it?

i only asked about benzoyl because that's what I'm currently using. doesn't it take a year for skin to go back to normal after using Retin A? I live in Florida and play sports so sun is unavoidable. Should I still use it?

Takes weeks for you skin to go back to normal.

But if you rly spend a lot of time in the sun playing sports, I'm not sure it's worth it.

You'd have to use greasy sweat proof sunscreen on your face and reapply every 2 hours of sun exposure.

BTW Benzoyl makes your skin more sensitive (to a lesser extent but still) to sun so again sunscreen should be used.

Last edited:
  • +1
I’d avoid it. still wear sunscreen everyday on face.

• +1
Never use both, also quit using Retin a. You will fuck your skin up if you are out in the sun a lot without applying spf 50 every two hours, wearing a hat, wearing sunglasses etc. I still get a tan without tanning while using Retin a and my skin looks great. This is a serious product, don’t underestimate the sun damage you can get from not using adequate sun protection.

• +1
Takes weeks for you skin to go back to normal.

But if you rly spend a lot of time in the sun playing sports, I'm not sure it's worth it.

You'd have to use greasy sweat proof sunscreen on your face and reapply every 2 hours of sun exposure.
I’d avoid it. still wear sunscreen everyday on face.
so is there any other alternative? my only skincare currently is a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide on my forehead and nose (where I get acne), moisturizing after and ocasionally exfoliating.

Never use both, also quit using Retin a. You will fuck your skin up if you are out in the sun a lot without applying spf 50 every two hours, wearing a hat, wearing sunglasses etc. I still get a tan without tanning while using Retin a and my skin looks great. This is a serious product, don’t underestimate the sun damage you can get from not using adequate sun protection.
any other alternative to retin a? sounds like a god tier product for basement dweller but not for people who go out regularly

any other alternative to retin a? sounds like a god tier product for basement dweller but not for people who go out regularly
I suggest look into using a retinol. I must stress any anti-aging product or not, you should be wearing spf50 daily. The sun ages your skin

• +1
I suggest look into using a retinol. I must stress any anti-aging product or not, you should be wearing spf50 daily. The sun ages your skin
I heard people saying Retinol is cope but I'll look into it. If my skin tone lightens I look like shit. Hence why I want to tan and shit

so is there any other alternative? my only skincare currently is a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide on my forehead and nose (where I get acne), moisturizing after and ocasionally exfoliating.
you can throw in salicylic acid and clindamycin. best thing to do is go to a dermatologist. retinol is cope.

• +1
you can throw in salicylic acid and clindamycin. best thing to do is go to a dermatologist. retinol is cope.
imma incorporate salicylic acid then. i imagine it helps keep the skin mousturized?

I heard people saying Retinol is cope but I'll look into it. If my skin tone lightens I look like shit. Hence why I want to tan and shit
Well dr dray on YouTube who happens to be a dermatologist says if you aren’t able to use Retin a. Retinols are a good alternative. Check out her YouTube channel for skin care advice. She uses Retin a daily as do I. She has a pretty good skin care routine

• +1
imma incorporate salicylic acid then. i imagine it helps keep the skin mousturized?
it cleans the skin from inside the pores

• Love it
dont listen to all the fags here, dip ur face in retin a and sunbathe 24/7
you dont wanna miss dem vit d gainzz