Can I train masseter muscles without training temporalis?

B

bruggu

Iron
I have been chewing a lot of gum the past months and have noticed my masseters growing. The problem is that my temporalis have also grown, even more than the masseters. That part of my head is already the widest and I don’t want it any wider. Which leads me to the question in the title.

• +1
Reactions: Toddricus
You have an overbite

i literally have the same problem

our overbites make the temporalis work instead of the masseters

Try jutting and chewing and you will feel that the temporalis doesnt get as activated.

So im telling you go to orthodontist asap bro

my temporalis are very hypertrophied and it looks terrible

• +1
Reactions: bruggu
You have an overbite

Try jutting and chewing and you will feel that the temporalis doesnt get as activated.

Might actually explain why I had a big head as a kid

• +1
Reactions: Toddricus
You have an overbite

I tried putting my bottom teeth in front of my upper teeth and my temporalis barely activated when chewing. But do you really think I have an overbite? When I close my mouth I can’t push by jaw forward anymore without the teeth stopping me. I have to open my mouth like a mm to be able to push forward about 1 mm

I tried putting my bottom teeth in front of my upper teeth and my temporalis barely activated when chewing. But do you really think I have an overbite? When I close my mouth I can’t push by jaw forward anymore without the teeth stopping me. I have to open my mouth like a mm to be able to push forward about 1 mm
Exactly bro, you need to correct your teeth at an orthodontist, only they can tell if you have an overbite but that sounds exactly like an overbite to me

Exactly bro, you need to correct your teeth at an orthodontist, only they can tell if you have an overbite but that sounds exactly like an overbite to me
Thanks for the help man, might get it checked out, but it’s such a small gap. I measured it and it’s barely 2 mm. Which may sound like a lot but it looks normal when I smile from the side. Just wish I could train my Masseters some other way