Can lifts cause back pain?

F

Flowix

Bronze

Yes. If your lower spine is hurting, like when you bend over or do an exercise like squats, deadlifts, etcetera then you have a form problem. Lower back pain is caused by spinal flexion under load. When you squat, row, deadlift your spine should stay in its neutral position at all times. When your spine bends while doing an exercise, this can lead to back pain.

Look up videos on YouTube about bracing the core. You need to fill your torso with air and activate all your core muscles to stop your spine from bending during exercises. Make sure your spine is always neutral, do not go heavy on an exercise without having the form down. Watch YouTube tutorials on performing squats, deadlifts, RDLs, any type of row.

If your back is hurting you need to take time off from the gym until the pain stops. Return to the gym and practice your form more before going heavy.

Are you talking about lifts as in insoles, or as in lifts at the gym?

Watch these videos. If you are trying to do an exercise at the gym and having a hard time with the form, go to John meadows YT channel: “mountaindog1” and watch how he performs it. This guy has great technique and is very good at demonstrating proper form.

Yes. If your lower spine is hurting, like when you bend over or do an exercise like squats, deadlifts, etcetera then you have a form problem. Lower back pain is caused by spinal flexion under load. When you squat, row, deadlift your spine should stay in its neutral position at all times. When your spine bends while doing an exercise, this can lead to back pain.

Look up videos on YouTube about bracing the core. You need to fill your torso with air and activate all your core muscles to stop your spine from bending during exercises. Make sure your spine is always neutral, do not go heavy on an exercise without having the form down. Watch YouTube tutorials on performing squats, deadlifts, RDLs, any type of row.

If your back is hurting you need to take time off from the gym until the pain stops. Return to the gym and practice your form more before going heavy.
wow thank you I hit a lift in height insoles today and I could barley walk after the gym

wow thank you I hit a lift in height insoles today and I could barley walk after the gym

bro don’t wear insoles to the gym. Especially whenever you hit compound movements like squats, deadlift, RDLs, rows. You want your feet to be stable on the ground. Wear shoes with a completely flat sole

• +1
Reactions: boss8055