Can motorcycle or dirtbike helmets influence the shape of bones in the skull.

5atbest

Iron
I have been riding my dirtbike for a few months and I noticed a decent amount of pressure from the helmet on my head. I don't think it will influence changes in my bone structure but when I have kids one day I'm worried it may influence theirs. This worry stems from a weird observation that most motocross and motorcycle riders, if they have ridden since they were a kid, have very poor bone structure and also look very similar to eachother. Just a small hunch, but I would like to avoid any negative affects and I don't want to risk both my future kids safety but also their looks.

TLDR: would dirtbike helmet change bone structure in kids or adults.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IndraBC, Sexually Disabled and JCaesar
Yes, there's a thing called "helmet therapy" for babies and kids where they wear a helmet to change their skull shape

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
I have been riding my dirtbike for a few months and I noticed a decent amount of pressure from the helmet on my head. I don't think it will influence changes in my bone structure but when I have kids one day I'm worried it may influence theirs. This worry stems from a weird observation that most motocross and motorcycle riders, if they have ridden since they were a kid, have very poor bone structure and also look very similar to eachother. Just a small hunch, but I would like to avoid any negative affects and I don't want to risk both my future kids safety but also their looks.

TLDR: would dirtbike helmet change bone structure in kids or adults.

View attachment 2956837
Your helmet is probably too small and no.

Your helmet is probably too small and no.
measured circumference of head and matched with size chart it fits snugly its not like i feel it pushing in on my head its just i feel that small enough presure over a long period of time could influence bone structure. This can be seen in asymmetrical faces from sleeping on just one side.

interesting, but i still dont see how a helmet would effect how the face would grow. ig just use a facepuller/many diff orthotropic appliances on your kids to make there faces grow better
by face I should have specified more that I'm worried about jaw development.

• +1
Reactions: klimo