Can MSE with FM can give me CCW rotation (Maxillary upswing)

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
I asked one orthodontist on YT about possibly upswing due to MSE and facemask, facebow.
He responded quite quickly.
Screenshot 20200621 2059542

And I don't what factors he was thinking about? Beside age, bone density etc. Still I think MSE+MSDO with facebow would be the best to achieve forward and upward growth even if it would take few years.

• JFL
Reactions: Romnel
Omg just get a bimax or lefort 1 with CCW

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5694 and MentalistKebab
  • +1
Reactions: s3-s3, hairyballscel and Deleted member 4430
Omg just get a bimax or lefort 1 with CCW
Srsly I dont understand face mask copers, even if it move your maxilla forward this time you will have an overbite and anything you do to correct occlusion will either set maxilla back or will need a bimax

• +1
Reactions: Upwards & Onwards 🧐, TheEndHasNoEnd and Deleted member 4430
Bimax with ccw don't change nose and under eye support.

Lol bimax includes moving the lower part of the maxilla forward your nose will look different. Yeah and of course not the undereye support this aint a lefort fucking 3

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash
I could use CCW rotation, only problem is I have a perfect bite lol

View attachment 468968
And I don't what factors he was thinking about?
He means that CCW rotation does not exist. Change in cranial form occurs through growth, remodeling or expansion at several different sites. These changes together cause the soft tissue to give off the impression of maxillary rotation.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, forwardgrowth and Deleted member 5385
No dude

CCW rotation is bone lengthening

not the actual thing u want

Wow U got an answer from Richard ting.

In theory pulling at a -30 degree force vector can give a CCW rotation, because the MSE is at the back of the maxilla and moving the back downward would move the front counterclockwise. Won moon said no one has ever reported a CCW rotation with MSE+FM though.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 5385
Srsly I dont understand face mask copers, even if it move your maxilla forward this time you will have an overbite and anything you do to correct occlusion will either set maxilla back or will need a bimax
It doesn’t create an overbite, the mandible follows if it’s bone anchored. A CCW rotation would even make it better and more likely to move the mandible. Also I’m tired of arguing and thinking about this. I’m just gonna do it and solve this theory once in for all

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3635, s3-s3, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
It doesn’t create an overbite, the mandible follows if it’s bone anchored. A CCW rotation would even make it better and more likely to move the mandible. Also I’m tired of arguing and thinking about this. I’m just gonna do it and solve this theory once in for all
You want to achieve CW or CCW rotation ?

CCW is easy just hardmew jfl

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Upwards & Onwards 🧐, spark, TheEndHasNoEnd and 1 other person
K bro. You are definitly gonna get 5mm forward growth with ccw rotation and mandible is gonna follow that.

It turns out double jaw surgery for functional reasons were unnecessary and doctors were just scamming their patients to make some bucks.

K bro. You are definitly gonna get 5mm forward growth with ccw rotation and mandible is gonna follow that.

It turns out double jaw surgery for functional reasons were unnecessary and doctors were just scamming their patients to make some bucks.
No double jaw surgery is more efficient and mse+fm doesn’t work that fast for mature patients and no one is willing to wear a fm for over 2 years. Not everyone knows about mse+fm anyway. Why would there be a stopping limit for facepulling? It’s basically hardcore mewing but pulling instead of pushing.

• +1
Reactions: s3-s3 and hairyballscel
No double jaw surgery is more efficient and mse+fm doesn’t work that fast for mature patients and no one is willing to wear a fm for over 2 years. Not everyone knows about mse+fm anyway. Why would there be a stopping limit for facepulling? It’s basically hardcore mewing but pulling instead of pushing.
What I am saying is, nothing is gonna pull your maxilla forward/upswing it except Leforts. Its pretty much pointless to add face mask to MSE if you are adult

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 5385
You can always do IMDO or BSSO if your lower third is recessed. Lefort is shit, it doesn't affect upper maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
I am willing to wear it for 5000 hours no problem.

In theory pulling at a -30 degree force vector can give a CCW rotation, because the MSE is at the back of the maxilla and moving the back downward would move the front counterclockwise. Won moon said no one has ever reported a CCW rotation with MSE+FM though.
brutal

its because the maxilla can only grow downwards and forwards, theres a reason why he didnt and a reason why all facemasks are angled downwards. what REALLY causes ccw rotation of the maxilla is the mandible, the ramus lengthens, rotates the mandible, and shifts the entire maxilla upwards.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 5385
You can always do IMDO or BSSO if your lower third is recessed. Lefort is shit, it doesn't affect upper maxilla.
Lefort 1 with ideal rotation is literally one of the biggest looksmax one can realisticly do.

Custom implants can cover the upper maxilla afterwards.

Lefort 1 with ideal rotation is literally one of the biggest looksmax one can realisticly do.

Custom implants can cover the upper maxilla afterwards.
Why is it not possible to get anything out of the facemask as an adult? Even with the sutures loosened (through MSE) and prolonged usage. That is fucked up.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: 000 and Deleted member 5385
Why is it not possible to get anything out of the facemask as an adult? Even with the sutures loosened (through MSE) and prolonged usage. That is fucked up.
IIRC @Lorsss had writed at adults you could only get 1.7mm skeletal change after 1 year if facemask (14hr+ everyday).

This shit simply doesnt worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
its because the maxilla can only grow downwards and forwards, theres a reason why he didnt and a reason why all facemasks are angled downwards. what REALLY causes ccw rotation of the maxilla is the mandible, the ramus lengthens, rotates the mandible, and shifts the entire maxilla upwards.
Please expand on this... How does one achieve CCW rotation?

IIRC @Lorsss had writed at adults you could only get 1.7mm skeletal change after 1 year if facemask (14hr+ everyday).

there was a study where someone got 0.4mm a month, i don't remember it but it was posted here

How would you get an overbite?? If your jaw follows that shouldn't be a problem no?

Is there a difference with pulling and pushing? Im designing a facepuller which acts as a tongue, so it doesn't really pull, moreso push

apparently it wasn't hooked up to MSE

She was also expanding for only 4 months:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: hairyballscel and MentalistKebab
I too once coped with MSE+facemask. Just gonna get an infraorbital rim implant and I’ll ascend just as hard. Fasemask has to be worn for like 6 months for any noticable results

I too once coped with MSE+facemask. Just gonna get an infraorbital rim implant and I’ll ascend just as hard. Fasemask has to be worn for like 6 months for any noticable results
So you gave up on MSE+FM ?

Please expand on this... How does one achieve CCW rotation?
17 months of maxillary protraction (facemask) with downward angle lead to 2mm of clockwise rotation.

Dentists don't pull if a upward angle, but if they did they would obtain a CCW rotation

• +1
Reactions: 000, s3-s3, MentalistKebab and 1 other person
17 months of maxillary protraction (facemask) with downward angle lead to 2mm of clockwise rotation.

Dentists don't pull if a upward angle, but if they did they would obtain a CCW rotation
17 months? Isn’t it 4 months?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385

So you don't agree with this idea then?

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper
“Lastly, Post-MI-FM [−30°], simulating intermaxillary elastics to micro-implants, mainly translates the maxilla forward, with very slight upward tipping of the anterior region. Of all the simulations, Post-MI-FM [−30°] most closely resembles pure anterior protraction of the maxilla and would benefit class III patients with severe mid-facial deficiency. This suggests that a 30° vector for intermaxillary class III elastics between micro-implants is most effective in promoting the anterior growth of maxilla.”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456601/

Not if you keep your teeth together right?