can nasolabial fold be caused by a recessed chin ?

recessed maxilla (lefort 1).
i think.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1, ROTTING, one job away and 1 other person
recessed maxilla, could be bad collagen too

so if my maxilla isn’t recessed the only other possible cause is collagen ?

i already had the fold at 18 btw

not really, definitely maxilla in the Lefort I area has no effect on that (or mandible).

It is mostly a falling down volume of soft tissue in the malar and paranasal area

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380 and Deleted member 18045
My chin is recessed but I don't have it thank god

not really, definitely maxilla in the Lefort I area has no effect on that (or mandible).

It is mostly a falling down volume of soft tissue in the malar and paranasal area
Is it possible to avoid it?

The maxilla has the most effect on the nasolabials. I guess you had a typo?

The maxilla has the most effect on the nasolabials. I guess you had a typo?
its good to first learn to divide the skeletal parts of the face before reply

its good to first learn to divide the skeletal parts of the face before reply
It’s good not to be a smartsss about bimax related stuff when you didn’t talk to 5 surgeons about the aesthetical effect of a lf1

A bimax impacts the nasolabials. Makes them flatter and less apparent

Atleast in a class 2 deep bite

Is it possible to avoid it?
define avoid
its a complex soft tissue problem which is associated with multiple things.

malars implants makes folds smaller because the soft tissue was stretched out, at least i saw it on some befor/afters.

You can try fillers, face lifts but thats for older people

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18045
define avoid
its a complex soft tissue problem which is associated with multiple things.

malars implants makes folds smaller because the soft tissue was stretched out, at least i saw it on some befor/afters.

You can try fillers, face lifts but thats for older people
I don't have it now. I'm scared if I'll have it when I'm older. So like any diet change or anything

can you have great cheekbones but still have recessed maxilla ?

im sure my maxilla isn’t recessed yet i have those fold since at least 18

It’s good not to be a smartsss about bimax related stuff when you didn’t talk to 5 surgeons about the aesthetical effect of a lf1

A bimax impacts the nasolabials. Makes them flatter and less apparent

Atleast in a class 2 deep bite
I reacted to the part of your post when you wrote to me that I did typo about maxilla when I listed two parts of maxilla in the original post.

And as for the fact that lefort 1 has some influence on people with class 2, I doubt it. because those people have forward growth maxilla and more importantly lefort 1 cut doesnt even touch the nasal area. alveolar bone (lefort I cut) may have an effect on this in class 3

But I'm not saying its not possible, I'm not a surgeon. but every surgeon can tell you what he wants

I reacted to the part of your post when you wrote to me that I did typo about maxilla when I listed two parts of maxilla in the original post.

And as for the fact that lefort 1 has some influence on people with class 2, I doubt it. because those people have forward growth maxilla and more importantly lefort 1 cut doesnt even touch the nasal area. alveolar bone (lefort I cut) may have an effect on this in class 3

But I'm not saying its not possible, I'm not a surgeon. but every surgeon can tell you what he wants
Class 2 doesn’t mean forward grown maxilla. Neither does class 3 mean recessed maxilla.

The class refers to the alignment of the teeth ontop of each other.
Class 2 lower teeth behind where they should be relative to the upper teeth and class3 rhe opposite. Wether the maxilla is forward grown or not is not what class is about

Besides that the lefort cut heavily influences your nose and overall face appearance

I rather listen to what surgeons tell me than Indian teens on a forum
😉

I will ask again in my planning session tho

Last edited:
It's the boundary between two different tissues of the face, one much thicker and fatter than the other. If you let yourself go these tissues sag downwards and create a pronounced boundary line. Jowls are the same thing. I've seen them on all types of faces so I don't think it's limited to people with poor forward growth, but it does seem to happen to people who let themselves go at some point in their lives especially ex-fatties, ex-smokers and vegans.

1753805 20200507 165605

nasolabial folds look good on him :feelsohh:

It's the boundary between two different tissues of the face, one much thicker and fatter than the other. If you let yourself go these tissues sag downwards and create a pronounced boundary line. Jowls are the same thing. I've seen them on all types of faces so I don't think it's limited to people with poor forward growth, but it does seem to happen to people who let themselves go at some point in their lives especially ex-fatties, ex-smokers and vegans.
is there anything you can do except filler/facelift ?

leanmax could help ?