Can palette expansion fix close set eyes?

2008Looksmaxxer

2008Looksmaxxer

Iron
I’ve been looking into this recently because I had orthodontic work when I was younger and before I was blackpilled so I didn’t understand the importance as a result I didn’t wear my rubber bands very often and now have a slightly crooked bite (this could be good since rubber bands have been shown to sometimes stop forward growth or even recess maxilla) but I’ve been looking also into a pallet expander since getting that done when your young makes pallet expansion unironically around 10x cheaper. But I’m always worried about my face shape and what will come with pallet expansion and while looking for results of it I came across this case

IMG 6677

Aside from other great results this girls ipd seemingly increased somewhat significantly. If I saw an increase like this I could ascend hard (my eyes are close set which also ruins my midface ratio) does anyone know of this increase in ipd is a consistent trend when undergoing pallet expansion? I’ve also heard that it can help with cheekbone prominence which would be great since my zygos are very poor and I have no under eye support as a result. Would love to hear people’s thoughts on this

Last edited:
@Clavicular @pneumocystosis @RealSurgerymax

Any opinions?

You good bro. No surgery needed. Start lifemaxxing and find purpose. Try potato farming.

• Love it
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
I’ve been looking into this recently because I had orthodontic work when I was younger and before I was blackpilled so I didn’t understand the importance as a result I didn’t wear my rubber bands very often and now have a slightly crooked bite (this could be good since rubber bands have been shown to sometimes stop forward growth or even recess maxilla) but I’ve been looking also into a pallet expander since getting that done when your young makes pallet expansion unironically around 10x cheaper. But I’m always worried about my face shape and what will come with pallet expansion and while looking for results of it I came across this case

View attachment 3024236

Aside from other great results this girls ipd seemingly increased somewhat significantly. If I saw an increase like this I could ascend hard (my eyes are close set which also ruins my midface ratio) does anyone know of this increase in ipd is a consistent trend when undergoing pallet expansion? I’ve also heard that it can help with cheekbone prominence which would be great since my zygos are very poor and I have no under eye support as a result. Would love to hear people’s thoughts on this
IPD didn't increase at all. The second column is post expansion.
The third column has a perceived increase from makeup wearing hair down covering sides of face.

@Clavicular @pneumocystosis @RealSurgerymax

Any opinions?

No. I researched this heavily in 2019-20 and even tried to come up with a way to assist upper expansion using SAD (Spring Assisted Distraction) above the nose in conjunction with MSE/MARPE and it was a dead end. Modified OBO was born.

• +1
Reactions: silencio, 2008Looksmaxxer, mvp2v1 and 2 others
No. Palate expansion is a meme. Doesnt influence lower third let alone upper third. Look at ronald ead. He went full ape with the expansion and his ratios didnt change. he just started looking like an ape.

The third column has a perceived increase from makeup wearing hair down covering sides of face.

No. I researched this heavily in 2019-20 and even tried to come up with a way to assist upper expansion using SAD (Spring Assisted Distraction) above the nose in conjunction with MSE/MARPE and it was a dead end. Modified OBO was born.
Unbelievable, and you still don't reply to me.

ultra rare surgerymaxx reply, literally second time ive ever seen u comment anything:lul:

No. Palate expansion is a meme. Doesnt influence lower third let alone upper third. Look at ronald ead. He went full ape with the expansion and his ratios didnt change. he just started looking like an ape.
Does it help to get a wider mouth and fix lip proportions?

Unfortunate to hear but thanks for replying I appreciate your insight and knowledge. I still plan on expanding my pallet for a wider maxilla. In the future although it seems extreme do you think a modified obo with a tripod osteotomy would be possible as aside from whatever implants I need to ascend I want to focus on the bigger issues like eye spacing and shape. Since my eyes are close set not only does it look uncanny but my midface ratio is around .85 which is miserable. This combination could fix my eye spacing while giving me better pfl and zygo prominence (I’ll still probably need implants since as of now my under eye support is non existent) however when it comes to bonemass related issues I’m not too concerned since I am young and plan to cycle some things for better bones.

Here’s current me for reference:

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air