Can some morph/give advice in sideprofile?

O

one job away

Kraken
My side profile is technically decently forward grown by different methods of measurement yet I looked terribly recessed looking for some advise in dm. Since I will see a surgeon soon if someone is good at morphing or knows what are possible changes would be great

where are the pics tho

• +1
Reactions: one job away
Which methods?
The height to depth ratio one. The Frankfurt plane one. Some others I "invented" to eliminate bias like instead of using Frankfurt plane I used tragus to corner of the eye and aligned that with most projected point of the chin. Look where the two lines met. And according to all.those I'm forward grown but it still looks bad

send me a clean 90° picture of side profile and I will morph it to look ideal.

• +1
The height to depth ratio one. The Frankfurt plane one. Some others I "invented" to eliminate bias like instead of using Frankfurt plane I used tragus to corner of the eye and aligned that with most projected point of the chin. Look where the two lines met. And according to all.those I'm forward grown but it still looks bad
Hmm, maybe your upper third is not projected enough or you have a low hyoid bone, other than that I can't really think of anything.

Hmm, maybe your upper third is not projected enough or you have a low hyoid bone, other than that I can't really think of anything.
Yeah my upper.third isn't projected much you are right. Also a steep incline

But I observed famous ppl will same incline and they still manage to look good

I think OP legit needs maxillary retrusion, at least judging by the pics he sent me.

Rather rare case, but his mouth area is already slightly too far advanced and actually in front of his forehead.

One extreme example for something like this is this actor:

I couldnt find a perfect side view picture of this actor, it is way more extreme than these pictures. I saw him in one of the Black Mirror episodes and pure side profile 90° and his mouth is like 5 cm in front of his forhead, that looks giga uncanny.

• +1
I think OP legit needs maxillary retrusion, at least judging by the pics he sent me.

Rather rare case, but his mouth area is already slightly too far advanced and actually in front of his forehead.

One extreme example for something like this is this actor:

View attachment 1122648 View attachment 1122649 View attachment 1122650

I couldnt find a perfect side view picture of this actor, it is way more extreme than these pictures. I saw him in one of the Black Mirror episodes and pure side profile 90° and his mouth is like 5 cm in front of his forhead, that looks giga uncanny.
So he need forehead/browridge implant

So he need forehead/browridge implant
Maybe forehead is too recessed but I have a good browride. I wouldnt go for implants tho. If it's my forehead then bad luck. And I gotta deal with it

• +1
Reactions: pizza
Yeah my upper.third isn't projected much you are right. Also a steep incline
Having an upper third that is not projected enough can make you get good measurements with some methods despite having a short mandible and submental length.

As you can see, Vin Diesel mouth is in front of his nasion (even if you accounted for the slight head tilt), yet his side profile looks textbook recessed:
303_Grace_profile_forward_growth.jpg
ucbjBPp.jpg

• +1
Having an upper third that is not projected enough can make you get good measurements with some methods despite having a short mandible and submental length.

As you can see, Vin Diesel mouth is in front of his nasion (even if you accounted for the slight head tilt), yet his side profile looks textbook recessed:
303_Grace_profile_forward_growth.jpg
ucbjBPp.jpg
But he is recessed on Frankfurt plane. I am not

Maybe forehead is too recessed but I have a good browride.
Are you sure your browridge is actually projected and it is not just an illusion caused by a steep forehead and a retruded nasion tho?

• +1
Are you sure your browridge is actually projected and it is not just an illusion caused by a steep forehead and a retruded nasion tho?
I have a very deep nasion and deep set eyes as well so I think I have a very strong browride

But he is recessed on Frankfurt plane. I am not
Wdym with Frankfurt? That method but aligning his head with the Frankfurt plane? If so, I think he would still get a decent measurement that would not accurately reflect his level of recession.

• +1
Yeah well turns out op was jutting really hard in the pictures that he sent me, which of course makes it impossible to analyze the face correctly.

AFter he sent me non-jutted pictures, overal I think he doesnt need maxilla retraction backwards. His mouth area is still within acceptable range and he only needs mandibular advancement forward, Im no expert but I think he'd need 3-4 cm advancement forward maybe 5 cm at max, but IMO its not that extreme, it is absolutely doable. maybe a combination of genioplasty + actually advancing the mandibular body by like 2 cm.

• +1