Can you fix an overbite without ruining your face?

Deleted member 10413

Deleted member 10413

🌸🌼❤️✨👑✨❤️🌼🌸
I have a slight overbite and I assumed that braces would just pull the lower jaw forward but it seems like they also pull the upper jaw back as well. :cry:

Is there anyway to fix my overbite without destroying my face?

overjet1.gif

adorable GIF
lick GIF

Bimax

• +1
Reactions: silencio, klamus, Deleted member 10413 and 1 other person
Don’t wear elastics

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 5892 and onfiresems
just ask the doctor to bring your low jaw forward

:soy: :soy: :soy:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25566, Deleted member 5634, Deleted member 10000 and 2 others
mew

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: StalinCel, Deleted member 5634 and lepo2317
Invisalign,just don't do extractions

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5892 and Deleted member 10413
ccw bimax is best fix
it is reserved for overbitecels mostly i heard

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
A strong lip seal (intra-oral) vacuum induced by the posterior third of the tongue on the soft palate and raising the hyoid will strengthen the lips and create light forces correcting the out tipping of the upper and lower incisors. The suction hold at the lips should additionally pull the lower jaw forward in a light jut, correcting an overjet in tandem with the lip seal preventing additional out tipping of lower or upper incisors.
"Put your teeth together, suck teeth & lips against teeth and suction the posterior tongue against soft palate so that there is a complete vacuum in your mouth. Then try to separate your jaws a bit, if you are doing it right it feels practically impossible because of the vacuum that has formed in your mouth. When you get into the habit of forming the suction hold you don't have to think about it at all."
- betamanlet

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady, Deleted member 11479 and AscendingHero
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
A strong lip seal (intra-oral) vacuum induced by the posterior third of the tongue on the soft palate and raising the hyoid will strengthen the lips and create light forces correcting the out tipping of the upper and lower incisors. The suction hold at the lips should additionally pull the lower jaw forward in a light jut, correcting an overjet in tandem with the lip seal preventing additional out tipping of lower or upper incisors.
"Put your teeth together, suck teeth & lips against teeth and suction the posterior tongue against soft palate so that there is a complete vacuum in your mouth. Then try to separate your jaws a bit, if you are doing it right it feels practically impossible because of the vacuum that has formed in your mouth. When you get into the habit of forming the suction hold you don't have to think about it at all."
- betamanlet

shit results compared to surgery probably

Get damon braces if you're going to get braces.

why not bimax, max results tbh
They could only be recessed in lower jaw only.

Either way, BSSO is cheaper, has less recovery time than bimax and also bimax in most cases is not necessary.

• +1
Reactions: onfiresems and Deleted member 10413
I have a slight overbite and I assumed that braces would just pull the lower jaw forward but it seems like they also pull the upper jaw back as well. :cry:

Is there anyway to fix my overbite without destroying my face?

overjet1.gif

adorable GIF
lick GIF
find a better orthodontist then. I had an overbite and it was fixed with no problems at all. Just make sure you don't go the free, crappy orthodontist route and tell them what u want

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
JFL at the mewing copers in this thread

people with overbites actually have the easiest ascension
Tbh what’s brutal is that braces prevent ascension cuz they often “fix” overbite by masking it in bringing their maxilla back, which prevents a lot of possible advancement in eventual bimax

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, AscendingHero and Mongrelcel
Tbh what’s brutal is that braces prevent ascension cuz they often “fix” overbite by masking it in bringing their maxilla back, which prevents a lot of possible advancement in eventual bimax
just wait until you find out there exists an orthodontic procedure that literally holds your maxilla back so that instead of a recessed lower jaw you have both jaws recessed 🙃

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892, A23ghskung, Anchor_Ship and 1 other person
- betamanlet
@betamanlet thx u brother

Question:
1. Without elastics how tf do u even fix a overbite and overjet?
2. Can elastics recess maxilla after 18?