Can you get jaw implants that extend the length of your back jaw

Deleted member 8461

Deleted member 8461

Equinox
i.e, behind the ear. Jaw implants already do that to some extent like here (red line):

Could you get a custom one that extends it even further? Maybe just at the bottom if not the whole thing. Or is there an osteotomy that does that.
@RealSurgerymax

i.e, behind the ear. Jaw implants already do that to some extent like here (red line):
View attachment 910077
Could you get a custom one that extends it even further? Maybe just at the bottom if not the whole thing. Or is there an osteotomy that does that.
@RealSurgerymax

Yes an implant can do this if you need that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461, randomvanish and Neurose
Yes an implant can do this if you need that.
what's your overall opinion on implants by the way, the more i look at results, the more i'm considering getting them.

so many people on here just write them off as cope and would rather go for surgeries cutting the bone, which are associated with a significantly higher risk and a way worse recovery which doesn't seem worth it to me if you don't have breathing issues and start out with a normal jaw

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 8461
what's your overall opinion on implants by the way, the more i look at results, the more i'm considering getting them.

so many people on here just write them off as cope and would rather go for surgeries cutting the bone, which are associated with a significantly higher risk and a way worse recovery which doesn't seem worth it to me if you don't have breathing issues and start out with a normal jaw
I want a surgery cutting the bone because no implant is gonna fix my SFS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461 and Deleted member 7098

Really depends on each individual case, and how much you are recessed. If you have a fucked up big overbite, a big chad jaw implant will look comically.
Big factor is also mouth width and eye region. Round close set eyes, and a huge jaw will just look out of proportion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461

Jaw angle implants are good but should always be custom.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461 and Deleted member 7098