Can you have two MSE in at once?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Wise old Aboriginal
Part of my experimental shit for CCW rotation is to have an MSE appliance in the normal position and then one at the front of the palate as well.

But I don't know if this would take up too much volume in your mouth. Also, could maybe cause bad tongue posture (+ how doesn't normal mse cause this anyway?)

Also I dont wanna develop a fat lisp

why go through all this trouble when you get just get a bimax

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5349, stuckneworleans and Deleted member 7776
why go through all this trouble when you get just get a bimax
Because that is like £15,000+, and I also want a more "authentic" result

Even if you managed to fit two MSEs, it would be extremely hard to coordinate the forces they apply to your upper palate. You are most likely better off with two consecutive ones to achieve your goal.

Even if you managed to fit two MSEs, it would be extremely hard to coordinate the forces they apply to your upper palate.
I'd just turn them both the same amount

Mirin your join date though @JustBeCurry

• JFL
Reactions: JustBeCurry
I'd just turn them both the same amount
Will not work fully because your upper palate does not distribute forces evenly along the suture presumably because of the geometry of the upper palate. It wouldn’t be as easy as turning both of them at the same time.

Will not work fully because your upper palate does not distribute forces evenly along the suture presumably because of the geometry of the upper palate. It wouldn’t be as easy as turning both of them at the same time.
Well I dont need to get a perfectly symmetrical split. It could turn out like a marpe split with wider at the front, or vice versa

Don't fuck yourself up, things don't work the way you think they do... Experimenting and shit is nice but you should at least understand the required theory, if you want to self install do it in the posterior region only with moon's guidelines.

Don't fuck yourself up, things don't work the way you think they do... Experimenting and shit is nice but you should at least understand the required theory, if you want to self install do it in the posterior region only with moon's guidelines.
But that wouldn't provide me with CCW when using face mask

Your whole understanding of counter-clockwise rotation is incorrect...

Your whole understanding of counter-clockwise rotation is incorrect...
How? The front needs to be brought up more than the back. Therefore u pull upwards from the front. Won moon literally demonstrated this in his simulation study

MSE is a fucking cope unless your palate is very small lol
it especially ruins your smile

How? The front needs to be brought up more than the back. Therefore u pull upwards from the front. Won moon literally demonstrated this in his simulation study
That simulation is for patients already having a posterior open bite, Mike isn't retarded, there's a reason he pulls the posterior region of the maxilla up.

That simulation is for patients already having a posterior open bite, Mike isn't retarded, there's a reason he pulls the posterior region of the maxilla up.
Where does the study say that? Cos the other simulations they pull down and/or from the back

Where does the study say that? Cos the other simulations they pull down and/or from the back
Anyone who has studied orthodontic litrature would understand that, the objective of the study was to get a simulation of the changes that differ with different angles, not treating a specific malloclusion.

mewing does same shit as mse just take a bit longer

Anyone who has studied orthodontic litrature would understand that, the objective of the study was to get a simulation of the changes that differ with different angles, not treating a specific malloclusion.
That's my point. But u said about posterior open bite, of which I don't see mentioned

That's my point. But u said about posterior open bite, of which I don't see mentioned
Most people who have long midfaces dont actually need counter clockwise rotation of the maxilla, they just need saggital growth, saggital growth decreases midface length, which I think is what you want to achieve

Most people who have long midfaces dont actually need counter clockwise rotation of the maxilla, they just need saggital growth, saggital growth decreases midface length, which I think is what you want to achieve
Sagittal is just forward, right? In that case the midface would not be shortened cos that would only be the case if the maxilla was growing at an upward angle.

Yup. This is why High LF1 and even MLF3 always make it seem that patients came out with more compact mid faces. The maxilla or other parts moved are now taking up the previously recessed space.

[
Yup. This is why High LF1 and even MLF3 always make it seem that patients came out with more compact mid faces. The maxilla or other parts moved are now taking up the previously recessed space.
I was trying to find some hlf1 before and afters and wasn't able to... Can you link me some? Are the before and afters actually good or are subhumans still subhumans?

[

I was trying to find some hlf1 before and afters and wasn't able to... Can you link me some? Are the before and afters actually good or are subhumans still subhumans?

Remember the blonde girl on here who people said was a LF2? Turns out it was just a Hlf1. Her orbitals and such were not touched. Assuming the surgeon is competent enough, HLF1 is actually a god send. No potential for chimp lip, moves the largest portion of the maxilla and improves under eye support.

Remember the blonde girl on here who people said was a LF2? Turns out it was just a Hlf1. Her orbitals and such were not touched. Assuming the surgeon is competent enough, HLF1 is actually a god send. No potential for chimp lip, moves the largest portion of the maxilla and improves under eye support.
But for someone who has normal ipd, I think there needs to be something between lf1 or hlf1,or maybe some the region above the lf1 suture needs to be moved less in comparison to the region below the same, there is same way of moving the maxilla surgically, which although I don't know yet can hide scleral show entirely.

But for someone who has normal ipd, I think there needs to be something between lf1 or hlf1,or maybe some the region above the lf1 suture needs to be moved less in comparison to the region below the same, there is same way of moving the maxilla surgically, which although I don't know yet can hide scleral show entirely.

If I am not mistaken, the difference between the LF1 and HLF1 is mainly the area it mobilizes during the cuts. HLF1 just mobilizes a larger area of the LF1 region whereas the standard LF1 is mainly the mouth/paranasal region. HLF1 gives improvements to undereye support without actively even touching the upper maxilla which is still crazy to me. If there's no complications with it, I am going to discuss this with a surgeon for the hell of it.

If I am not mistaken, the difference between the LF1 and HLF1 is mainly the area it mobilizes during the cuts. HLF1 just mobilizes a larger area of the LF1 region whereas the standard LF1 is mainly the mouth/paranasal region. HLF1 gives improvements to undereye support without actively even touching the upper maxilla which is still crazy to me. If there's no complications with it, I am going to discuss this with a surgeon for the hell of it.
Which girl were you talking about? I think we are talking about two different people lol

Which girl were you talking about? I think we are talking about two different people lol

Blonde girl who legit looked like a goblin/gremlin hybrid. Let me see if I can find the picture.

There is no point to installing two at the same time nor do I think it’s possible. However, doing multiple expansions is possible to extend FM wear time for maximum forward growth.

There is no point to installing two at the same time nor do I think it’s possible. However, doing multiple expansions is possible to extend FM wear time for maximum forward growth.
The front one is to pull on, and the back is to loosen the sutures

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer