can you use Glucocorticoids over longer time

B

bdycope

Bronze
I've been using cortison steroids (50mg, oral) since march but I had like a week pause per month.
It really helps me and I have not experienced any side effects yet.
Can I continue using this treatment even tho it is considered to be rather a short term solution?

• a fatty hump between your shoulders
  • round face
  • weight gain
  • pink stretch marks
  • weakened bones
  • diabetes
  • high blood pressure
  • thin skin
  • slow healing
  • acne
  • irregular menstrual cycles
  • decreased libido
  • fatigue
  • depression

• a fatty hump between your shoulders
  • round face
  • weight gain
  • pink stretch marks
  • weakened bones
  • diabetes
  • high blood pressure
  • thin skin
  • slow healing
  • acne
  • irregular menstrual cycles
  • decreased libido
  • fatigue
  • depression
As I said I'm not experiencing any side effects (yet). Should I take Vitamin K2 to strengthen the bones?

why are you taking corticoids in the first place?

easy solution for my eczema

wait, you're on ORAL corticosteroids for Atopic Dermatitis? I assume this was prescribed by a doc - did he mention the duration of the therapy, did you have e bad flare-up before starting it?

• +1
Reactions: bdycope
wait, you're on ORAL corticosteroids for Atopic Dermatitis?
Yes
I assume this was prescribed by a doc - did he mention the duration of the therapy, did you have e bad flare-up before starting it?
He just told me to take as needed and gave me a 100 pack Prednisone. He told me to taper down whenever I decide to stop as well.
And yes I had a really bad flare up before starting, I have a rather bad case of AD and by taking steroids it completely disappears and I dont even have to use a single cream.

Last edited:
lmfaoooooooooooooooooo nigga why are you taking orals for a eczema, just use a topical steroid cream like a normal person jesus christ. youre gonna fuck yourself up in the long run

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
lmfaoooooooooooooooooo nigga why are you taking orals for a eczema, just use a topical steroid cream like a normal person jesus christ.

basically this. form what i've been taught and from what i've read, systemic corticosteroids are never the first line of therapy for atopic dermatitis. derm has come a long way and there are better alternatives even for the harshest of cases. my advice would be to consult another dermatologist.

• +1
Reactions: bdycope