Can’t decide what to do next

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Important: if you have been lifting for less than 2 years and/or you aren’t in shape don’t even reply.

I am 6’3, 195-200 pounds right now at 16-17% body fat.

So I started bulking around august. Been eating 3000-4000 calories since. I gained about 15-20 pounds in the process.

My strength went up dramatically and my lifts go up every week. My only concern is that I don’t look aesthetic anymore.

My plan is to continue to bulk until march, but lower my calorie intake a little bit so my fat gains can slow down, then cut. I’m probably going to be 18-20% body fat by then.

Should I do that? Or should I cut now and continue lifting at maintenance? Should I be patient and bulk to get better musculature or should I cut now because it’s not worth it? My goal is to have a six pack by summer but at the same time not look like a starved African kid.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3583 and Kaworu
dn rd

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9391
didn't you say that you are like 5'10 or 5'11 before?

bulking is a meme, best advice i can give you is go 70% animal based and in slight calorie surplus depening on ur height and weight. otherwise u will just bloat maxx

• +1
Reactions: Kaworu
worked for me, gained muscle lost fat, check my diet guide btw.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
bulking is a meme, best advice i can give you is go 70% animal based and in slight calorie surplus depening on ur height and weight. otherwise u will just bloat maxx
Anything that’s caloric surplus is bulking

Important: if you have been lifting for less than 2 years and/or you aren’t in shape don’t even reply.

I am 6’3, 195-200 pounds right now at 16-17% body fat.

So I started bulking around august. Been eating 3000-4000 calories since. I gained about 15-20 pounds in the process.

My strength went up dramatically and my lifts go up every week. My only concern is that I don’t look aesthetic anymore.

My plan is to continue to bulk until march, but lower my calorie intake a little bit so my fat gains can slow down, then cut. I’m probably going to be 18-20% body fat by then.

Should I do that? Or should I cut now and continue lifting at maintenance? Should I be patient and bulk to get better musculature or should I cut now because it’s not worth it? My goal is to have a six pack by summer but at the same time not look like a starved African kid.
I've been working out for almost two years

Honestly it depends how good you are at maintaining muscle, when you are gonna cut you are gonna lose more muscle and if you are already pretty good you should just cut now tbh

• +1
I agree with that tbh stick with that OP

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090
Bulking doesn't build anymore muscle in the long term

I've been working out for almost two years

Honestly it depends how good you are at maintaining muscle, when you are gonna cut you are gonna lose more muscle and if you are already pretty good you should just cut now tbh
If I lose any muscle in the cutting process I can put it right back on once I start maintaining. It’s called muscle memory.

• +1
Reactions: Kaworu
@ChadKahn can you give me some advice?

Yes but what is exactly “diet”? Maintenance, a deficit or a surplus?
Just get to a bodyfat you like and can live with then maintain that. No reason to go up and down

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3583
I usually opt for shredding down to 8-10 % and then bulking to 16-18 %, rinse and repeat. See no point in getting really bulky and not enjoying the way you look. From my experience you need a surplus to actually gain muscle unless you just started working out. Don't go overboard with deficit/surplus.

• +1
keep bulking and then cut when the strength gains start to slow down.
.me isnt the best place for this type of actual advice ngl. 90% of users here lift weights and barely eat anything for "retaining muh facial leanness", and therefore they make no gains and start crying about how u need steroids

• +1
.me isnt the best place for this type of actual advice ngl. 90% of users here lift weights and barely eat anything for "retaining muh facial leanness", and therefore they make no gains and start crying about how u need steroids
A smart reply for once. Refreshing.

• Love it
It’s interesting how people here expect muscle growth out thin air. And they expect only pure muscle growth without an ounce of fat. 🤔

• JFL