Can't feel my lats on back excercises

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
Any tips on how I could activate my lats? I can't feel my lats on back excercises. The biceps get overworked and it seems like my triceps do all the work when I do my lat pulldowns. I am definitely gaining strength. I'm quite sure of that but I am not really feeling my lats fatigue. Could it because of poor form? What do u think?

@SubhumanCurrycel sent me this warm up routine yesterday and it seem to have kinda worked. I could feel my lats but still not the level of activation I was hoping to get. Any other tips?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Hero of the Imperium, germanlooks and 1 other person
How tf do u feel triceps? Theres something wrong with your form. Try to decrease the weight and dont try to lift the bar or a dumbell. Just try to squeze the lats while holding the weight in hands.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8904, Basedprincess, Deleted member 9670 and 2 others
How tf do u feel triceps? Theres something wrong with your form. Try to decrease the weight and dont try to lift the bar on dumbell. Just try to squeze the lats while holding the weight in hands.
Do u recommend doing any isolation lat excercises?

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
Do u recommend doing any isolation lat excercises?
Idk man, i personally do only rows. If i was u i would try different exercises and pick the one u like the most. The one that makes ur lats work the most. Maybe try rowing 2 dumbells? One each hand, squeze lats

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Jason Voorhees
Idk man, i personally do only rows. If i was u i would try different exercises and pick the one u like the most. The one that makes ur lats work the most. Maybe try rowing 2 dumbells? One each hand, squeze lats
Alright. Thx for the advice

Last edited:
  • +1
Focus more on pulling your elbows to the sides of your back instead of focusing on pulling your hands in the direction of your shoulders

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Jason Voorhees
Just focus on pulling down your shoulders on lat exercises and you will feel lats

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Start doing pull-ups instead of lat pulldowns. Do a 3 second eccentric where you slowly yourself down on each rep. Gives me a massive pump in the upper back.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
This exercise helped me build my brain - lat connection when I started gymmaxxing.

If you lay on the inclined bench while doing the rows you can isolate your lats without using your biceps
9F45BA0A BB95 43AD A449 6CDE72E9215F

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Jason Voorhees
Bump

• +1
This exercise helped me build my brain - lat connection when I started gymmaxxing.

If you lay on the inclined bench while doing the rows you can isolate your lats without using your biceps
View attachment 1331000
Thats more a rear delts exercise

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8904
the lat is the antagonist of the front shoulder so just do exercises that would work the front shoulder but with inverted force

so basically any exercise that brings your arm downwards if it was in front of you will work your lats