Carbs vs Sodium, which bloats you more?

fjor2096

fjor2096

Zephir
Which one makes you retain more water?

You can regulate sodium by osmosis, so intracellular water retention can subside if you have equilibrium between sodium and water, no escaping carbs since glycogen is attached to water at 1:3 ratio

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, FailedNormieManlet, TrestIsBest and 1 other person
You can regulate sodium by osmosis, so intracellular water retention can subside if you have equilibrium between sodium and water, no escaping carbs since glycogen is attached to water at 1:3 ratio
IQs me. Btw do you think >130 carbs is too high? I've been eating around 100-130 in the last week should I aim to reduce that?

IQs me. Btw do you think >130 carbs is too high? I've been eating around 100-130 in the last week should I aim to reduce that?
Depends on your bodyweight and your goal

• JFL
Reactions: Korea, court monarch777, FailedNormieManlet and 1 other person
60 kg, 6'1 wanting that leaned out face (currently on lean bulk).
Bro at 60kg and 6'1 you should bulk no matter what,you are still 16 so you probably won't reach that lean face you want, and if you cut you will need famine levels of calories to lose weight, you could do a recomp but its inefficient, sacrifice looking good now for a better future

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet, ItsOverCel and fjor2096
Bro at 60kg and 6'1 you should bulk no matter what,you are still 16 so you probably won't reach that lean face you want, and if you cut you will need famine levels of calories to lose weight, you could do a recomp but its inefficient, sacrifice looking good now for a better future
I'm leanbulking in the hopes that I can lower bodyfat by adding muscle and that by eating cleaner I can get a leaner faces since I can feel the bones in my face.

neither lul

and no elaboration for you

• JFL
Reactions: fjor2096
Which one makes you retain more water?
Carbs for sure. Neither make you bloated per se though. If you consume much more carbs and/or sodium than your body is used to, you will get temporary water retention. You can eat high carb diet without being super bloated. Also, Potassium helps to balance out Sodium in this regard.

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod
I'm leanbulking in the hopes that I can lower bodyfat by adding muscle and that by eating cleaner I can get a leaner faces since I can feel the bones in my face.
Bulking to lower bodyfat probably isn't the best strategy lol. Putting on muscle will help you get leaner eventually when you're on a deficit, but if you're putting on weight some will invariably be fat

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
for sure

Sodium​

100 percent it expands in your stomach nearly 100x if you don't drink litres of water and piss like a horse.

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod
Man don't fall for that meme. If you're 16 and have chubby cheeks with the weight of 60 kg 6'1 feet tall then there's nothing you can do. You won't be able to achieve hollowness due to your age. Just wait until your fat pads melt off and bulk, you have to put on as you're very underweight

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and Korea
In theory it would work and there's nothing else I can do.
If you're completely untrained there may be some initial recomp/leaning even while getting heavier, but in general if you're putting on bodyweight some will be muscle and some will invariably be fat.

Lean bulking is inefficient if you dont have top tier discipline since the calorie margin is low and you cant plan to bulk perpetually since the body adapts, do a well done 6-8 month bulk(500 or even higher since you are so skinny thus better response) just dont go overboard

Didn't see you're super young. Nevermind, just do whatever train hard and you're gonna lean out through maturing probably

Rather ascend totally than do an half assed ascending

Sodium - also I’m sick of people saying if you have a constant sodium intake then your body will get used to it but it’s not the case I’ve tried it many times…

Low sodium high water = no bloat

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod, FailedNormieManlet and Deleted member 11887