Cardiff University study finds women prefer black men faces

klip11

klip11

Narcy pirate Guardian of squirtle

From the Cardiff University study, Scientists from the department of psychology found that in order of who they preferred white women went overwhelmingly for black males, then whites males, followed by Asian men.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger, Deleted member 33711, kebab and 1 other person
what you forgot to add was that the average weight was 600 pounds of all the participants

• JFL
Reactions: socialcel, shalomnigga, Joe Rogancel and 6 others
@Kamui
@TheTakeoverHasBegun
@human304
@mushcat
@Trilogy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: kiyopon, Kater Maxxing, janitormaxxing and 1 other person
Asian men.

"The current study investigated perceived attractiveness and personality for 600 Black, White and mixed-race faces."

Assuming this is the study they are referencing then it's literally from 2010/2011 and didn't even include Asian men in the dataset.

"To investigate the relationship between race and attractiveness it is necessary to use a sample of faces large enough such that it allows generalisation to the population (just as one would test a large enough sample of participants to generalise to the population)."

"Participants: Ten female and eight male students of Cardiff University took part. They were all White British and they were aged between 18 and 28 years."

They unironically typed both of these statements into the same study.

They used 18 participants from the same university lol, and social scientist wonder why there is a replication crisis.

"Sets of 300 male faces and 300 female faces were generated from images taken from the website facebook.com. One third of these faces were from people who belonged to groups that identified themselves as being Black and from an African country; onethird were from groups that identified themselves as mixed race, and one third were taken from groups associated with a region of the UK that is predominately White. Facebook images were used if they contained just one face that was of a quality such that it would be recognisable by a friend and did not have a weird expression"

The article (not the study) says "The same participants were given 600 faces of people of the opposite sex and asked to grade them on attractiveness." Which is clearly wrong according to the study there were in total 600 faces, but they were split 50/50, meaning 300 faces of the opposite sex not 600.

This is really funny because the author of the article probably didn't even read the study they just jacked it from https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-university-scientists-reveal-role-2035728 this article. Which is even funnier because the author of this article didn't even read the study because they claim the study involved 40 undergraduate students when the study never says this, so they didn't just misinterpret one part of the study, they just made shit up. This error along with other misinterpretations, makes me question If I am right or not, but I haven't found any evidence to suggest I am wrong

It's ironic that the study criticizes previous research for having poor sample groups while using Facebook as theirs, which is problematic in its own way. Honestly, given that they only managed to recruit 18 participants, l doubt they had the capacity to obtain a proper sample group, so I don't really blame them.

"The current evidence, however, does not support Black males being more attractive than White males. Wade, Irvine, and Cooper (2004) investigated whether race would have an effect on a variety of ratings of different characteristics including attractiveness for male faces. The races they explored were Black, White and mixed race. Their results indicated that White faces were seen as the most attractive, warm and socially competent whereas Black faces were seen as the most masculine, dominant and strong."

I might think lowly of white women, but I'm a little bit shocked that they rated black men's faces as having more "warmth" simultaneously as they rated them more dominant and masculine. I'm also surprised that the white men rated the black women's faces as the ones with the most "warmth" whilst overwhelmingly rating them the least attractive and most masculine. Really this is the most interesting part of the study.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if black faces are actually more attractive, but the scope of the study is quite small and the
evidence isn't damning enough considering they are challenging earlier research.

Last edited:

"The current study investigated perceived attractiveness and personality for 600 Black, White and mixed-race faces."

Assuming this is the study they are referencing then it's literally from 2010/2011 and didn't even include Asian men in the dataset.

"To investigate the relationship between race and attractiveness it is necessary to use a sample of faces large enough such that it allows generalisation to the population (just as one would test a large enough sample of participants to generalise to the population)."

"Participants: Ten female and eight male students of Cardiff University took part. They were all White British and they were aged between 18 and 28 years."

They unironically typed both of these statements into the same study.

They used 18 participants from the same university lol, and social scientist wonder why there is a replication crisis.

"Sets of 300 male faces and 300 female faces were generated from images taken from the website facebook.com. One third of these faces were from people who belonged to groups that identified themselves as being Black and from an African country; onethird were from groups that identified themselves as mixed race, and one third were taken from groups associated with a region of the UK that is predominately White. Facebook images were used if they contained just one face that was of a quality such that it would be recognisable by a friend and did not have a weird expression"

The article (not the study) says "The same participants were given 600 faces of people of the opposite sex and asked to grade them on attractiveness." Which is clearly wrong according to the study there were in total 600 faces, but they were split 50/50, meaming 300 faces of the opposite sex not 600.

This is really funny because the author of the article probably didn't even read the study they just jacked it from https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-university-scientists-reveal-role-2035728 this article. Which is even funnier because the author of this article didn't even read the study because they claim the study involved 40 undergraduate students when the study never says this, so they didn't just misinterpret one part of the study, they just made shit up. This error along with other misinterpretations, makes me question If I am right or not, but I haven't found any evidence to suggest I am wrong

It's ironic that the study criticizes previous research for having poor sample groups while using Facebook as theirs, which is problematic in its own way. Honestly, given that they only managed to recruit 18 participants, l doubt they had the capacity to obtain a proper sample group, so I don't really blame them.

"The current evidence, however, does not support Black males being more attractive than White males. Wade, Irvine, and Cooper (2004) investigated whether race would have an effect on a variety of ratings of different characteristics including attractiveness for male faces. The races they explored were Black, White and mixed race. Their results indicated that White faces were seen as the most attractive, warm and socially competent whereas Black faces were seen as the most masculine, dominant and strong."

View attachment 2600331

I might think lowly of white women, but I'm a little bit shocked that they rated black men's faces as having more "warmth" simultaneously as they rated them more dominant and masculine. I'm also surprised that the white men rated the black women's faces as the ones with the most "warmth" whilst overwhelmingly rating them the least attractive and most masculine. Really this is the most interesting part of the study.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if black faces are actually more attractive, but the scope of the study is quite small and the
evidence isn't damning enough considering they are challenging earlier research.
Stop this autism

Stop this autism

It was triggered when the article didn't even link the study. I'm not even refuting your point tbh

• +1
Reactions: klip11 and BitchBoy
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46979 and BitchBoy
i'm sure they also prefer 6 inch penises in these highly reliable survey based studies

THIS IS RACE BAIT.

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger and Deleted member 51465