Career advice

D

Deleted member 83432

Bronze
Should I go into cybersecurity or data science? Both are well paid ig but data science seems boring asf

• +1
Reactions: mug
Cyber security's a good major, idk about data science tho
theres alot of jobs in cyber security

Cyber security's a good major, idk about data science tho
theres alot of jobs in cyber security
Yeah that's what my parents are saying too. I'm not getting a computer science degree because the markets saturated asf

• +1
Reactions: nolpolin2, mug and haus33
Yeah that's what my parents are saying too. I'm not getting a computer science degree because the markets saturated asf
I thought CS was a basic degree and then cyber was like a speciality.

I thought CS was a basic degree and then cyber was like a speciality.
Maybe a few years ago yeah, but nowadays there’s degrees dedicated to certain parts of CS

• +1
Maybe a few years ago yeah, but nowadays there’s degrees dedicated to certain parts of CS
huh

If you get a cs degree can you do IT?

huh

If you get a cs degree can you do IT?
Probably, the way I see it is that CS covers the basics of everything whereas niche degrees like cybersecurity focus mainly on one main thing

• +1
Probably, the way I see it is that CS covers the basics of everything whereas niche degrees like cybersecurity focus mainly on one main thing
I have no clue how college degrees work, so i looked it up and there are some jobs that require a cs degree minimum and college also probably gives you other related certifications, connections, and internships. I went and dropped out for CS and i didnt like it. Now im joining the AF to advance my career