Case Study: Adam Driver Part 2 - A Hypothesis

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
So last night I saw the new Star Wars with my little brothers, I was pleasantly surprised by it even though I hated the Last Jedi.
Anyway, I got a prime opportunity to observe a ton of scenes of Adam Driver acting with PSL knowledge in my head. At first he looked hella weird to me and all I could think about was how long his midface was (his ratio is well outside the normal range, in the low .8s I believe).
However, I found that oddly in certain shots I was captivated by his face.

last-jedi-kylo-ren-quotes-3_a220a19f.jpeg

It's a very interesting effect. Its like he switches back and forth constantly from looking exceptionally ugly to looking oddly very beautiful in an otherwordly sort of way. I think he looks the best with his face tilted slightly down, maybe it emphasizes his hair or eye area, I don't know.
My hypothesis to explain the Adam Driver effect is this - kind of a reverse uncanny valley effect is occurring with Adam Driver and can also occur with many very unusual looking people, where they end up looking oddly beautiful and interesting even though they completely rebuke conventional attractiveness.
All this is leading up to my eventual publication of a treatise which will challenge and qualify PSL tenets, I will call it the Theory of Types, in honor of Plato's Theory of Forms.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Handlet, Drugs, Deleted member 2846 and 2 others
Same, in some shots his face look diffrrently beautiful and i have heard women saying he looks nice and appealing for them.
I bet his hair halos him a lot + adds fwhr to his face.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
Hair is a huge halo. He needs that kind of hair for his skull shape face and ears.

If he had very short spiky hair he’d look very similar to angel dimaria

• +1
From what I've heard the movie is utter trash, with a repetitive story where they simply ignored the sacrifices of the first trilogy and with a weird plot with a shit ton of shit that are solved easily with no meaning behind, like "We need to solve this now" "Oh, here, it's solved already, next go to the next one"

BTW, he looks like absolute shit

• Woah
From what I've heard the movie is utter trash, with a repetitive story where they simply ignored the sacrifices of the first trilogy and with a weird plot with a shit ton of shit that are solved easily with no meaning behind, like "We need to solve this now" "Oh, here, it's solved already, next go to the next one"

Brutal @Deliciadecu, not gonna lie
as for the movie the trilogy itself is already complete shit but this was a solid movie on its own imo

I am a fan of Star Wars ngl. I like the old republic and the 6 episodes of the trilogy. Episode 7 and 8 just ruined it.
The next Star Wars movie light be coming on the 16th of December 2022. FYI.

My hypothesis to explain the Adam Driver effect is this - kind of a reverse uncanny valley effect is occurring with Adam Driver and can also occur with many very unusual looking people, where they end up looking oddly beautiful and interesting even though they completely rebuke conventional attractiveness.
Sounds like the mere-exposure effect, after you get used to someone being ugly, you don't find him that ugly anymore as the first time.

He is good looking imo

I liked the movie

people like to hate on movies before they see them idk why tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back