Catcher in the Rye

Deleted member 5431

Deleted member 5431

Murphymaxxing
Has anyone ever read the Catcher in the Rye? Tbh I related a lot to the main character Holden. It feels kinda blackpilled tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3323, St. Wristcel and Strafe
reading books is gay

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: St. Wristcel, Squirtoutmabooty and Butthurt Dweller
Haven't read that since school but I recall him being quite a douche tbh, but that opinion might change if I reread it now.

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Deleted member 5431
It's by Bukowski right? I always found poems to be pretentious bc my ex was a self proclaimed poet (her shit never rhymed jfl, Poems without rhymes are just long ass sentences).

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: St. Wristcel and MansNotHot
nigga i dont fuckin READ

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel
didnt read

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Deleted member 6873
  • +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel
didnt read

nigger what is the meaning of your avi?

• JFL
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Hozay
It's by Bukowski right? I always found poems to be pretentious bc my ex was a self proclaimed poet (her shit never rhymed jfl, Poems without rhymes are just long ass sentences).
Don’t think so tbh. I agree about poets being pretentious.

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Patrick Baitman
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Hozay
I fucking love that book. It lead me through a pretty retarded path of wearing red hunter caps in high school though :dafuckfeels:

As for it being blackpilled, it is to a point. Many of his problems are totally of his own creation and the result of him jumping to a conclusion about a person or situation and then refusing to budge from that standpoint.
It’s by JD Salinger. It doesn’t read like a poem either, it’s mostly just Caulfield explaining shit to the reader directly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Patrick Baitman
It's a shit of a book, that's why it's mandatory read in murrica. Try Crime and Punishment.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095 and St. Wristcel
I read it for sophomore year English and I was the only one who liked and related with Holden in the whole class. The teacher even said if you relate with him you have problems JFL. Good thing I am trucel because nobody asked and I never told anyone my opinions on the book.

No idea why so many schools make you read that book. There is no reason I can think of as to why it should even be considered a "classic" while other books such as The Odyssey and many of Dostoevsky's never get to see a classroom.

Read it. Funny thing is me and hin are exactly the same. Nuclear family, new York city, both ran away from family and life and traversed the city. Book was decent.