Caution in correcting posture

yue

yue

Exponent
I had some anterior pelvic tilt, so I started stretching specifically to release my hip flexors, what I was unaware of is once you straighten out those ligaments in your spine, they begin to fray and damage if their length is too much. The other day I got injured moving some stuff, partially I believe because I had lengtheend that lumbar part of my spine by correcting the anterior pelvic tilt I had. With anterior pelvic tilt the back of your spine is very short, keeping those ligaments nice and compact, which can be quite good for back health.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, nullandvoid, Gaygymmaxx and 1 other person
and what would be a way to stop this from happening

does it make sense that those straightened out ligaments are probably weaker ? idk if i have bad posture, i probably do and i think i have scapula winging

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
When you stretch/strengthen something, assuming you're doing it correctly even, you have to do it for the opposing muscle groups as well which are glutes and abs for hip flexors

you dont fix a anterior pelvic tilt by stretching you also need to strengthen your weak muscles (abs, hip flexors, glutes)

Its more about flexing the glutes and bringing the pelvis forward and upward

Its more about flexing the glutes and bringing the pelvis forward and upward
feel your back around the level of your belly button, it lengthens when you push your pelvis forward