Caveat to Showing Your Face

S

sb23

Silver
Considerations For Face Revealing
I was recently watching Vitaly on kick where he would catch child predators. Within moments of the predators face being revealed on camera, people in chat would spam their names in chat alongside the name of their employers. This really confused me as nothing other than their faces were revealed to the stream. This lead me to dig deeper so I joined vitaly’s discord and asked how this was possible. The answer being something along the lines of ai facial recognition.

What This Means For You
This is a relatively tight nit community of like minded people with rules against doxxing which is nice but does not negate the existence of bad actors. This means you should reveal your face with precaution, on an account which doesn’t incriminate you. Also keep in mind, if you are planning on perusing a career which puts you in the eye of the public (example: social media), your presence on this website could stain your reputation.

Concise List Of Precautions
Conceal eye area
Explanation: a face is almost impossible to recognise without the eye area. This also gives plausible deniability.
Limit Images of yourself linked to your name
Explanation: this should be self explanatory. If your face on this forum is matched to something like a picture of you in a school photo or something of the sort, your anonymity is gone.
Basic opsec (operational security)
Explanation: don’t share info which is overly personal (dob, name, address, yap yap yap, you get the point).
Filter Your Behaviour
Explanation: Filter yourself to some degree as there is always a risk your info gets leaked.

Note: digital footprint is real. This is water, it’s just I still see people with a front profile pic of themselves posting the n-word with complete disregard.

• +1
Reactions: Suns9999, Mr.Proper and alurmo
Over for people who ask for ratings in the public rating sections

• +1
Reactions: cadee, cannotbeasked and sb23
This thread is also bookmarked now btw

• +1
Reactions: sb23
Bu bu bumppppp

My threads always do shit, it’s ok 😢
i think its bc of greycel status
most users ignore threads made by greycels these days