CCW change with MSE and facemask: Will the minimal CCW lead to a visually recognizable reduction in the midface length?

S

SeriousAscension

Pls only serious replies about enhancing aesthetic
There is a case that a facemask with a tooth borne appliance achieved CCW. Now purely hypothetically speaking.
Assuming that I have had per one MSE treatment 1 degree CCW achieved and I have three of such MSE treatments, would a change in the midface length be visually noticeable? Could this kind of MSE treatment reduce a long midface? In other words: Can an MSE treatment also atleast mostly be carried out with a focus on CCW and would this lead to a visually recognizable reduction in the midface length? Example for such a treatment idea, after a suture split, the MSE is locked to not allow width expansion and then using a facemask to obtain CCW. Do this several times.

Last edited:
Today I watched a interview between JawHacks and Dr Ilya Lipkin, he's one of the best besides Ting, and he said that without impactation, when you take a piece of the maxilla away, then the only change is going to bee the teeth and alveolar bone, the maxilla isn't going to change. You won't get the upswing and compact midface from that without bimax ccw with impactation.

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension
My thoughts are that MSE n face mask would lead to better lip support through alveolar ridge making lips more full leading to illusion of shorter midface. Because the midface ratio is measured to the top of the upper lip potentially you could shorten midface ratio.

Mse lengthens the midface , facemask is cope unless you are a child

the FM creates a CW not a CCW lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back