Chat-GPT is honestly more of a let down especially after they nerfed it...

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
I used to think it was good but the service is way worse the bot always say it can't answer questions.

At the end of the day this is not AGI its just an advanced statistics algorithm. Its still useful but I don't think its as insane as I thought it was it will give good answers one day then the next day give shitty advice.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Prince88, thecel, thereallegend and 2 others
That's good. I'm in my second year of a codecel degree and if this thing becomes advanced then i'm fucked because there's no way i'll be in the top 20% nerds who will be tasked with controlling that thing. I'll be flushed down the toilet with the rest of the subhuman code monkeys.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheRenaissanceMan, Informationcapitali, Zealot and 8 others
They had to lobotomise it over 109 times because 4chan kept making it say nigger and every time they would add new code instructions to stop it saying nigger, 4chan would find a new way to make it say nigger.

MV5BOWUzY2IxZDctYmRlOC00Yzg5LWI2ZTktOTcwOWRiYjY3NzJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4OTg2Njg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LowTrust, lasthope, BrendioEEE and 4 others
That's good. I'm in my second year of a codecel degree and if this thing becomes advanced then i'm fucked because there's no way i'll be in the top 20% nerds who will be tasked with controlling that thing. I'll be flushed down the toilet with the rest of the subhuman code monkeys.
The only people it could replace are people that can already be replaced by an Indian making 15 an hour.

• +1
Reactions: johnsmithcel
The only people it could replace are people that can already be replaced by an Indian making 15 an hour.
maybe now, but what about 10 years from now? These things evolve fast. I think it's inevitable that there won't be anywhere near the demand for codecels that there is now.

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai, Deleted member 14693 and Deleted member 11126
maybe now, but what about 10 years from now? These things evolve fast. I think it's inevitable that there won't be anywhere near the demand for codecels that there is now.
Well its not really AGI its not intelligent either its a giant statistical formula. I guess we will see but this thing is as intelligent as a google search recommendation. It is able to pull together statistics but it has no comprehension what so ever at all.

• +1
Well its not really AGI its not intelligent either its a giant statistical formula. I guess we will see but this thing is as intelligent as a google search recommendation. It is able to pull together statistics but it has no comprehension what so ever at all.
It can make reddit posts for you lol. Like you can ask it to make a post for AITA that will piss people off and it'll do it for you. And you can tell it to change shit around. It's pretty impressive for the early stages. Even if it is just an advanced google search, why hire 10 codecels when you can hire 5 that can use this thing to work as efficiently and fast as the 10 would?
Now I admit I don't know shit tbh, but i'm just worried. I hope you're right.

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai and Deleted member 11126
It can make reddit posts for you lol. Like you can ask it to make a post for AITA that will piss people off and it'll do it for you. And you can tell it to change shit around. It's pretty impressive for the early stages. Even if it is just an advanced google search, why hire 10 codecels when you can hire 5 that can use this thing to work as efficiently and fast as the 10 would?
Now I admit I don't know shit tbh, but i'm just worried. I hope you're right.
Yeah but people are claiming the singularity is near. My point is this thing is not intelligent at all that being said you don't need comprehension to do a lot of repetitive things most blogs are just the same 100 things rewritten for other topics.

The biggest issue with it is that it will confidentially answer any question even when it has no clue. So it would still require someone who knows how something works.

• +1
They had to lobotomise it over 109 times because 4chan kept making it say nigger and every time they would add new code instructions to stop it saying nigger, 4chan would find a new way to make it say nigger.

MV5BOWUzY2IxZDctYmRlOC00Yzg5LWI2ZTktOTcwOWRiYjY3NzJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4OTg2Njg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
This is the issue with most AI systems lol. Imagine if they made a bot to reduce crime it would be racist asf.

You can't make a robot with double think like humans. Humans can both understand a truth and deny it in the same breath this mental gymnastics is ironically much more difficult to create then a machine that will objectively respond with the most likely correct answer. It would far easier to create an objective robot that gives objective responses then model one off a human since humans lie and manipulate data constantly to fit the goals of society.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sly shinkai and Patient A
This is the issue with most AI systems lol. Imagine if they made a bot to reduce crime it would be racist asf.

You can't make a robot with double think like humans. Humans can both understand a truth and deny it in the same breath this mental gymnastics is ironically much more difficult to create then a machine that will objectively respond with the most likely correct answer. It would far easier to create an objective robot that gives objective responses then model one off a human since humans lie and manipulate data constantly to fit the goals of society.
Yes. I was exaggerating about only making it say nigger for comedy.

But in general the hard autistic truth can be uncomfortable for all people and an AI would offend everybody.

super scared as well because I was planning to get into programming lol

might have to change directions because im not sure how this AI thing is going to play out in the next couple of years

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai and johnsmithcel
I used to think it was good but the service is way worse the bot always say it can't answer questions.

At the end of the day this is not AGI its just an advanced statistics algorithm. Its still useful but I don't think its as insane as I thought it was it will give good answers one day then the next day give shitty advice.
Basically a more technical Siri lol

Last edited:
what happened it still works for writing simple text for me