chew or don’t chew?

D

Deleted member 54737

flawed
ive been told both things and im wondering whether i should chew or not.

chew

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and Deleted member 55252
if you have angular or flared gonions chew, if not then don’t

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and BootySniffer69
your jaw will become round/bloated
I have heard this so many times. "If you have outward gonions chewing will make you look sick, but if you have inward gonions it will make you look rounded and bloated". Can someone explain the mechanics of this to me? It sounds like the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I have heard this so many times. "If you have outward gonions chewing will make you look sick, but if you have inward gonions it will make you look rounded and bloated". Can someone explain the mechanics of this to me? It sounds like the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Usally people that have flared gonions have more aesthetically pleasing muscle bellies for the masseter, creating that Ideal chiseled look. (for example, brad pitt has good masseter muscle bellies and insertions due to flared gonion) most people don't have good masseter insertions that hang off their mandible, causing them to look round when they are developed( good masseter insertions will stretch low and often below your mandible itself causing the square jaw look, bad ones will be above your mandible causing a round look)

for example, this guy; neels visser's masseter has it's muscle belly (Fullest part of the muscle) below his mandble, resulting in the illusion of a strong and boxy jaw from the front.

Attachments

• Neels-Visser-Kevin-Roldan-01-620x926.jpg
    Neels-Visser-Kevin-Roldan-01-620x926.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 0
Usally people that have flared gonions have more aesthetically pleasing muscle bellies for the masseter, creating that Ideal chiseled look. (for example, brad pitt has good masseter muscle bellies and insertions due to flared gonion) most people don't have good masseter insertions that hang off their mandible, causing them to look round when they are developed( good masseter insertions will stretch low and often below your mandible itself causing the square jaw look, bad ones will be above your mandible causing a round look)
Wdym masseter insertion? The masseter has pretty much the same insertions for everyone, there is almost no tendon on it because high velocity isn't very important to chew your food (up until a certain extent, but the masseter can generate force quickly enough as needed with a short tendon). The reason that guy's masseter looks so good is because of leanness and his antegonial notch, not because of some bs masseter insertion.

if we had the same insertions as him we would not be on this website asking if we need to chew jawline gum. Everybody inherently should have the same insertions, but primarily they differetiance due to bone mass and positoin
Wdym masseter insertion? The masseter has pretty much the same insertions for everyone, there is almost no tendon on it because high velocity isn't very important to chew your food (up until a certain extent, but the masseter can generate force quickly enough as needed with a short tendon). The reason that guy's masseter looks so good is because of leanness and his antegonial notch, not because of some bs masseter insertion.

if we had the same insertions as him we would not be on this website asking if we need to chew jawline gum. Everybody inherently should have the same insertions, but primarily they differetiance due to bone mass and positoin
We do have the same insertions as him, we just don't have an antegonial notch like him, or a jaw like him.

Why we should chew is because the forces of chewing (as much as 100kg per chew) require your bones to remodel accordingly over time, which will change the shape of the mandible to have a longer ramus and be broader (and it wil make the maxilla grow wider along with it).

and
We do have the same insertions as him, we just don't have an antegonial notch like him, or a jaw like him.

Why we should chew is because the forces of chewing (as much as 100kg per chew) require your bones to remodel accordingly over time, which will change the shape of the mandible to have a longer ramus and be broader (and it wil make the maxilla grow wider along with it).
this works past puberty? do you have results? I saw where someone was saying if you chew with certain teeth it can help improve certain areas of the face, seems like bulshit though

and

this works past puberty? do you have results? I saw where someone was saying if you chew with certain teeth it can help improve certain areas of the face, seems like bulshit though
On r/orthotropics you can see some results from people who are past 20. The ones who do chewing make more progress than those who only do mewing.

Chewing with certain teeth to develop specific parts of the face does sound like bullshit though.

• +1
Reactions: reeceJen