Chewing and ccw rotation

D

Deleted member 21796

maxilia and bones determine everything
So is there any evidence at all that chewing with incisors causes ccw rotation of the maxilia or is it cope

• +1
Reactions: Aero, ungewist, poopoohead and 4 others
No idea. I've come across threads with no evidence, citing the same autistic looksmax users, and their same paint.net diagrams.

I would also like to know, but considering how long this question has been kicking around, I doubt anyone has secret studies that they haven't shown before.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 21796 and Deleted member 24444
I misread it as "chewing cow rotation"

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, poopoohead, 5'7 zoomer and 3 others
You need to eat dirt and clench @Dr. Bruh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21044, Gaygymmaxx and 1 other person
@FrenchChad

I need to fucking fix my upper maxilia recession ffs

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
So is there any evidence at all that chewing with incisors causes ccw rotation of the maxilia or is it cope
Yeah chewing and mewing works.

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, It'snotover, poopoohead and 1 other person
You need to clench also consider eating dirt.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, poopoohead, 5'7 zoomer and 2 others
also always wondered the same thing. someone take lead and do a scentific study using members here

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, poopoohead and Deleted member 21044
just fuck up your teeths theory . also how is the thumbpulling going?
Yea thumbpulling seems to work but slow. I keep the sutures split. Clenching is about 50 times more effective.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, poopoohead and Deleted member 21796
Yea thumbpulling seems to work but slow. I keep the sutures split. Clenching is about 50 times more effective.
did you manage to move your maxilia up/forward with it?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ungewist, poopoohead and Deleted member 21796
In theory yes

Many people chew on one side because of tooth problem and they often end up with assymetry, sometimes very serious one such as one eye lower than the other and palate imbalance
Why ? Because basically more force is transmitted on only one side of your palate (and by extension your maxilla) leading to an imbalance and the maxilla end up remodeling and giving you assymetries since the palate will be tilted), not even mentioning here the masseter assymetry that come from that practice.

Now for the evidences see the maxilla as a flat plane with a back part and a front part
Gray189

As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards. The decrease in LAFH/TAFH and increase in LPFH/TPFH as the size of the masseter muscle increases may be influenced not only by the inclination of the mandibular plane but also by the clockwise rotation of the maxilla.

Basically this is the proof of whhy it would work, here this study shows that bigger masseter may lead to a clockwise rotation of the masseter, this is not what we want but the principle stay the same : because the masseters are linked to the posterior part of the maxilla (the zygomatico-maxillary complex) and because when chewing in a "regular way" you are using mostly your back teeth you are transmitting more force to the back part of the maxilla than to the front part which will lead to a rotation.

Now reverse the idea : If you incisor chew firstly you won't activate by much your masseters (mostly your temporalis) and you will transmit more force to the front part of the maxilla than to the back part leading once again to a rotation over time.

So in theory it should work, the main limiting factor is age since the older you are the less malleable your bones are, and the slower bone remodeling takes, but overrall using a mouthguard to induce a ccw rotation without damaging your teeth could over months/years give you good results, especially considering the amount of force that chewing can produce (astronomically higher than the amount of force your tongue can produce).

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: It'snotover, 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 21796
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
so better undereye support?
Lower maxilla doesn't impact undereye support (otherwise bimax would help with that issue)

Also why aren't you using volufiline ? It might save your life since you don't want to perform surgeries

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 21796
Mouthguard clenching is legit.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: poopoohead, 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 21796
Look up Luca Marchesi before / after

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: It'snotover, 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 21796
It works but there is a specific way to do it and not damage tmj as well

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 21796
  • Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: It'snotover and Deleted member 21796
same. i will get fat grafts injected in undereye for dark circles.
I cope with facepulling rn but yeah bimax is last resort

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
i gonna try it, i hope it fixes me hooked nose

Once your maxilla has started growing downwards it's pretty much game, set, match. Mewing and chewing just prevents this as your bones grow.

Idk man, but chewing with molars seems more natural, ancestors chewed with molars.But the thing is I have one masseter bigger, it is not assymetrical jaw, it's masseter because when I clench I feel one side bigger.Should I chew eaually on both sides and they will even out or should I chew more on right side, which is less developed?

Theoreticly it should be possible. When you have a deep bite, orthdontists give you a divice that move upper teeth up or lower teeth down causing it to correct the bite. This gives a ccw like rotation to your jaw so logically it should work if you chew with only incisors