chewing issues

arcsquire

arcsquire

Iron
ive been trying to fix my masseter asymmetry by chewing falim on the weak side. however, when i chew only on the right side, i feel like the left side of the jaw is working too. and when i chew equally on both sides, it still feels like the left side is working significantly more than the right, despite having the bigger muscle. is this an issue, and what do i do about it?

Ofcourse it's working. It's all one structure but the hypertrophy to any significant changing level should only be happening on the side you chew on. Are you doing molars or what? If your left side is bigger/stronger, it's expected it's going to "work" more because that's what it's used to and has been doing for a while. I think it should balance out once the other side gets stronger and load is lifted from the stronger side.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4397
Ofcourse it's working. It's all one structure but the hypertrophy to any significant changing level should only be happening on the side you chew on. Are you doing molars or what? If your left side is bigger/stronger, it's expected it's going to "work" more because that's what it's used to and has been doing for a while. I think it should balance out once the other side gets stronger and load is lifted from the stronger side.
Thx and yea I'm doing molars