Chin-ups are overrated for biceps

D

Deleted member 5522

dont be jealous asshole
Maybe if you did them slowly with weight they could target biceps but just do rows. Weighted pull ups and chin ups etc are really for back and lats (water is wet), for biceps just do curls. Just my experience.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Chintuck22, Deleted member 9568, St. Wristcel and 2 others
YES. Just do fucking biceps curls retards. LOL at compound lifts to target biceps

• +1
Reactions: bruh3610, Baldingman1998, St. Wristcel and 1 other person
Cope, pelican curls or death

indeed rightfulcel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Or planche / maltese untill failure
13703207 1602929683338385 2041239514 n

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Loud_Jock and Deleted member 5522
YES. Just do fucking biceps curls retards. LOL at compound lifts to target biceps
I never felt much in my biceps when doing chin ups and my chin ups have not gotten bigger. People were commenting on my arms getting big then I dropped my weights for them and now nothing has happened. I have ok lats and back though. I am going to go back to curls asap and build my arms back up. Compounds don't always target all the muscles equally and everyone is different. Maybe with a different body others could get awesome biceps with chin ups but not me.

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and sensen
I never felt much in my biceps when doing chin ups and my chin ups have not gotten bigger. People were commenting on my arms getting big then I dropped my weights for them and now nothing has happened. I have ok lats and back though. I am going to go back to curls asap and build my arms back up. Compounds don't always target all the muscles equally and everyone is different. Maybe with a different body others could get awesome biceps with chin ups but not me.

same here

chin ups = forearms and back for me

• +1
I like compounds as my foundation, but there's nothing wrong with doing accessory lifts. I just think the focus and extra energy you have to rep out more curls makes all the difference.

• +1
I like compounds as my foundation, but there's nothing wrong with doing accessory lifts. I just think the focus and extra energy you have to rep out more curls makes all the difference.
I hate compound elitists tbh

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
just do both in your routine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and Deleted member 5522
just do both in your routine
Of course, I am not denying chin ups are bad. Just that they cannot build biceps by themselves in my case.

• +1
Reactions: Lars
Maybe if you did them slowly with weight they could target biceps but just do rows. Weighted pull ups and chin ups etc are really for back and lats (water is wet), for biceps just do curls. Just my experience.
Rows do back dude

• +1
chins will wreck your elbows eventually

all my biceps gains are from pull ups adding curls doesn't seem to make any difference tbh

isolation exercises are cope unless you have muscular imbalances

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: softlysoftly and Deleted member 5522
why not both

• +1
Its all about pullups

• +1
Pullups/chinups are great for biceps in my experience, you can get pretty big. But if you want huge biceps you have to do curls in my experience. Right now i have pretty good biceps with 0 curls but i do manual labor every day though.

• +1
Reactions: softlysoftly and Deleted member 5522
Try doing 10 chin ups vs 10 pull-ups

• +1
Although I do both, I prefer pull-ups as well tbh. They just feel better

• +1
i dont know man. i feel more biceps than lats when doing chin-ups. My arms are good but my back not that enough.

• +1
When you get good at doing pull ups you won't feel them in your arms so much because you will be better at lifting with your back muscles and your tiny biceps won't be weak ass shit and hold you back.

I pullup with 2 plates so don't @ me.

• +1