Chin wing vs Genio vs Double Jaw vs Bsso vs what are the differences?

D

Deleted member 1751

Account deleted
For better mandible and chin, which is good? Blackpill me on differences and outcomes.
Genio/ chin wing/ bsso/ double jaw/ fillers/ wraparound impants

double jaw is called a proceure of both jaws (upper and lower) - it could be a LeFort3 with a Ramus DO or, the most common one, LeFort1 with BSSO

BSSO is bisagittalsplit osteotomy - it is an osteotomy cut near the gonion (near third molars), there is a high and a low BSSO, most common is the lower, but if you do the lower, you can not do a Chinwing simultaneously, the higher is rarer and not ideal, often called Bad Homburg method

Genio - chin gets cut on the bottom part and slided forwrads (if you lack chin itself, then you need to do Chin DO)

Chin wing is like genio only that they cover the whole bottom of the mandible, but it is very limited

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Administrator, Chadelite, Deleted member 5583 and 4 others
msdo, bimax with CCW rotation (ccw being very important for the madibles angle) and genio improve funtion to the same extend as aesthetics. implants and fillers decrease function and look fake.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
implants and fillers decrease function and look fake.

giphy.gif

They may make you look like shit but especially fillers are much much safer than double jaw.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7902, Chadelite, Deleted member 1751 and 2 others
ahah enter google pictures and search for "BSSO bad homburg"

I am already in there

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: anti caking agents, Deleted member 1751 and Pendejo
genio does not improve function though in any way

• +1
giphy.gif

They may make you look like shit but especially fillers are much much safer than double jaw.
double jaw cures breathing and sleep, makes you eat better decreases cranial tension, saves teeth from extraction cures neck and entire body posture.
fillers do nothing of that and you have to be careful all the time to not hit it because theres literally a bulb of fluid in your skin
genio does not improve function though in any way
the tendons of the tongue are connected with the chin by advancing the chin the tongue is pulled out of the airway and youre closer to the mewing posture by default

Now that I think about it again, the Bad Homburg method isnt that bad afterall lol

the problem with many people nowadays is the downwardgrowth

if the right person wants to correct her posture, she would need a LeFort for airways for example

but the ramus will move too, and would quench the throat because it is curved backwards

with the Bad Homburg method, you could move it forwrad

This sounds like nonsense now because I cant really write my thoughts due to language barrier, but I will look into it again

1550804363-1548770546-gif-1.gif

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751, OOGABOOGA and Pendejo
double jaw cures breathing and sleep, makes you eat better decreases cranial tension, saves teeth from extraction cures neck and entire body posture.
And that makes the other options "decrease function"? Function is simply not affected from fillers/implants.

fillers do nothing of that and you have to be careful all the time to not hit it because theres literally a bulb of fluid in your skin
Lol, try getting any amount of angularity/width from jaw surgery alone.

• +1
Genioplasty
It changes only your chin, you can increase the vertical height and the projection of the chin.

BSSO
It advances your lower jaw (mandible)

Its a good option if you have an overbite.

Double Jaw
Double Jaw (also called Bimax) is BSSO + Lefort 1
It advances your lower jaw + the lower part of your maxilla.

Chin Wing
It advances the lower part of the mandible and, therefore, the chin.

gr6.jpg

It can also decrease your gonial angle, the only drawback of this procedure is that if you move the gonions forward they would become less sharp, more round, your ramus would become more steep.

I have seen other chin wings in which they cut doesn't go all the way to the posterior part of the jaw, like this:
Former-design-of-the-chin-wing-osteotomy-In-patients-with-hyperdivergent-skeletal-class.png
Postoperative-result-after-chin-wing-setback-and-anticlockwise-rotation-the-mandible.png

Or like this:

But honestly you could achieve the changes shown in the above video with a normal genioplasty, and you could get a lower gonial angle with a side wing osteotomy, unlike the chin wing, the side wing osteotomy would not make your gonions more rounded since it doesnt move the lower part of the mandible forward, it only moves it downward.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751 and Deleted member 3990
BSSO is bisagittalsplit osteotomy - it is an osteotomy cut near the gonion (near third molars), there is a high and a low BSSO, most common is the lower, but if you do the lower, you can not do a Chinwing simultaneously, the higher is rarer and not ideal, often called Bad Homburg method
Whats the difference between the normal BSSO and the Bad Homburg method?

Is that the Bad Homburg method doesnt move the lower part of the mandible and only moves the teeth? Or it is like the normal BSSO but includes the gonion/ramus?

I dont understand tbh, i couldnt find anything about it.

• +1
Whats the difference between the normal BSSO and the Bad Homburg method?

Is that the Bad Homburg method doesnt move the lower part of the mandible and only moves the teeth? Or it is like the normal BSSO but includes the gonion/ramus?

I dont understand tbh, i couldnt find anything about it.
sag_sag_epker_160_120.gif

page_8.jpg

literature is thin indeed, I may consult with him because the Bad Homburg method looks autistic but therefore appealing to me

I think you can get much more MMs from BSSO than from BadHomburg (originally called Schlossmann Method)

1-s2.0-S009412980700082X-gr8.jpg

B is what I am talking about (D E F are the most common)

but I doubt any surgeon is experienced with it

and Dr Kater (who does it) doesnt even do CCW rotation and is known to not give any fucks about aesthetics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751 and Pendejo
sag_sag_epker_160_120.gif

page_8.jpg

literature is thin indeed, I may consult with him because the Bad Homburg method looks autistic but therefore appealing to me

I think you can get much more MMs from BSSO than from BadHomburg (originally called Schlossmann Method)

1-s2.0-S009412980700082X-gr8.jpg

B is what I am talking about (D E F are the most common)

but I doubt any surgeon is experienced with it

and Dr Kater (who does it) doesnt even do CCW rotation and is known to not give any fucks about aesthetics
Looks interesting, if i understand well you could get a longer ramus with it (although you probably would need a decent gonial angle for it to look good)

But what would happen to the bite? The lower teeth position would be lower.

Is there literature about it on English? Because i dont understand German jfl

Last edited:
  • +1
Looks interesting, if i understand well you could get a longer ramus with it (although you probably would need a decent gonial angle for it to look good)

But what would happen to the bite? The lower teeth position would be lower.

Is there literature about it on English? Because i dont understand German jfl
no, I think you could vary it

it is thought to MOVE the jaw forward, not lengthen the ramus (but I think you could do that too

• +1
no, I think you could vary it

it is thought to MOVE the jaw forward, not lengthen the ramus (but I think you could do that too
Nvm the illustrations made me think that the procedure was designed to move the jaw downwards, so its just forward?

• +1
Nvm the illustrations made me think that the procedure was designed to move the jaw downwards, so its just forward?
you could move it downward too, I cant think of complications

and this is the reason why I want it, because my lower jaw per se is not really that short and one ramus of mine is shorter than the other, and the moving forward would be beneficial for aesthetics (frauding forwardgrowth) and for airways

• +1
you could move it downward too, I cant think of complications
But you would need something like an inverse Lefort 1 Impaction for the bite, right?

Like the opposite of this:
MyPortalFiles

But you would need something like an inverse Lefort 1 Impaction for the bite, right?

Like the opposite of this:
MyPortalFiles
yeah, moving ramus for functionality is meant for the patients with strong overbite and short ramus

an inverse impaction would be a logical (and the morally right) approach

And I think it would not even be an aesthetic disadvantage because it doesnt make your midface longer, the soft tissue will stay the same

I guess it is for the people with a reverse gummy smile (like too much lower teeth show)

I still need to think about what would happen if you lengthen ramus and do a LeFort 1 CCW, like what would happen to the joints, masseters and bite etc.

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo
yeah, moving ramus for functionality is meant for the patients with strong overbite and short ramus
You mean moving it forward? Or downward? Or both?

I guess it is for the people with a reverse gummy smile (like too much lower teeth show)
I dont see how it would change the amount of lower teeth showing tbh.

I mean, reverse maxillary impaction would increase the amount of upper teeth showing.

• +1
I dont see how it would change the amount of lower teeth showing tbh.
I mean reverse maxillary impaction would increase the amount of upper teeth showing.
you answered it yourself
You mean moving it forward? Or downward? Or both?
downward

forward movement would be similar to normal BSSO, but the higher cut would limit you more and I think it is much more exposed to the masseter

• +1
Thanks for the response guys.
Images1

Will he ascend from chad to Gigachad with a genio?

• +1
Reactions: goodman78, Deleted member 1751 and Pendejo
View attachment 214762

no, I knew it before, but wanted to prove it

and he is not a chad either

his mandible/chin lacks height, his bones look thin
its insane how his lower jaw looks invisible compared to the rest of the skull
thin - short mandible is a death sentence
do you think it could be fixable in some degree? no? possibly steroids in puberty?

• +1
giphy.gif

Filler will migrate (bloated look), stretch soft tissue and can cause blindness if injected wrong.

• +1