College Salaries seem low?

untouchable_coper

untouchable_coper

Silver
I'm applying to colleges after the summer for mechanical engineering as a high school senior. Looking the top schools that are not insane (MIT and Stanford off the table), the median salaries seem quite low. Georgia Tech's median starting salary for ME majors is less than 80k, and similar story with Carnegie Mellon, UIUC, and Cornell. How do I moneymax if this is the case?

If you're waiting until after uni to money maxx it's already over

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gurthee_Dong
it depends on location

a job in new jersey will be different then a job in montana

it depends on location

a job in new jersey will be different then a job in montana
I'm willing to go to anywhere that pays the best within the U.S after I graduate (with cost of living in mind).

• +1
Reactions: traveler
I'm willing to go to anywhere that pays the best within the U.S after I graduate (with cost of living in mind).
if i was applying to do mech engineer i would try to get as much internship and experience as i can during the school years so i have more on the resume when applying to a job as a fresh graduate

• +1
Reactions: untouchable_coper
Because in tech companies don't want to train new employers they want people who already know everthing. Most people pick engineering or software because they are in demand even though only experienced positions are in demand. No one cares about a programmer or engineer who has never worked on an actual project no matter what grades they get.

• +1
Reactions: Bitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back