Company wants me to attend an in-person interview 6 hours away

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Salutations my children
Bruh I applied for a role in a different city, but apparently they don't do virtual interviews and need me to attend in person.

It will take me 6 hours to get there and like £100-150 for the return journey, and they didn't mention reimbursements.

Is that worth it? Job is shift work and entry level, and works out to like 36 hours per week. It's just it's only the second interview I've been offered and the first was terrible

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: User28823, Gonthar, flippasav and 4 others
No

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, slavicpsycho and PlayersGetPlayed
At least you’re getting interviews. Nobody cares about my mech eng degree, I may as well wipe my ass with it at this point.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Alt Number 3, Numb, oily703 and 3 others
Worth it if you're working remote after

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables and optimisticzoomer
better to go and see how it is than to think about how you should have gone etc

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables and optimisticzoomer
At least you’re getting interviews. Nobody cares about my mech eng degree, I may as well wipe my ass with it at this point.
This is a security guard job jfl. It's just it pays decent and isn't too many hours. I'm willing to live around the country tho which is why I applied, but I assumed the interview would be virtual at least
Worth it if you're working remote after
I'd be willing to relocate cos I just need a job and my parents want me to move out, so I would live in any decent city. The problem is paying for an interview which doesn't even guarantee the job

• +1
Reactions: overtier1011 and Clqs
This is a security guard job jfl. It's just it pays decent and isn't too many hours.
Wait, security pays well? What's your height and weight? What's the requirements to be one and how much does it pay?

Wait, security pays well? What's your height and weight? What's the requirements to be one and how much does it pay?
I mean it pays better than other security jobs for the hours worked. It's still not high. It's 36 hours a week and like £29k, which works out to about 15.50 an hour. Most are 12-13 an hour

I would ideally be NEET though. So idrc too much about pay as long as I don't have to do much work

Is there anything closer which offers better money?

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
I mean it pays better than other security jobs for the hours worked. It's still not high. It's 36 hours a week and like £29k, which works out to about 15.50 an hour. Most are 12-13 an hour

I would ideally be NEET though. So idrc too much about pay as long as I don't have to do much work
Height and weight bro ?
Can I become a security guard at 5’5 ?

Height and weight bro ?
Can I become a security guard at 5’5 ?
Like 192 cm lanklet, idk weight, low 70s kg
And yes. No one asks those details, and most interviews would be online. In fact, most of the security guards I see are short ethnics. Unless you're a bouncer in which case you need to be fat or tall

Is there anything closer which offers better money?
I live near London and wages are generally higher there, but that means commuting, or living there and spending more on rent which makes the increased wage worthless

I'm looking but haven't heard back from other places

• +1
Reactions: flippasav
Bruh I applied for a role in a different city, but apparently they don't do virtual interviews and need me to attend in person.

It will take me 6 hours to get there and like £100-150 for the return journey, and they didn't mention reimbursements.

Is that worth it? Job is shift work and entry level, and works out to like 36 hours per week. It's just it's only the second interview I've been offered and the first was terrible
Just ask them first on the phone:
"Hey, is this shit for real or I'm just wasting my time, no cap bro?"

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, optimisticzoomer and User28823
fuck allat biz

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3
Just ask them first on the phone:
"Hey, is this shit for real or I'm just wasting my time, no cap bro?"
It's in Scotland and I find Scottish people annoying. I confirmed I need to pay. Over. I'll probably cancel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back