Comprehensive Softmaxxing Guide for Myself

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700
Next year I will hopefully get a fresh start at universty abroad, I want to create a softmaxxing guide for myself for when that time comes. This is for myself and will have 99% information you can find in other threads, the only reason I'm posting is incase someone want to read it or finds it interesting. I will separate it into 5 seperate sections Hair - Skin - Teeth - Eyes - Fashion.

Hair

I have been preparing for this section the longest. So first some information about my hair.
-Colour: Black hair or maybe very dark brown
-Texture:

These three pictures very very closely resemble my hair texture
-Thickness / Density: Look at above pics, also very similar.

Now, currently my hair is 7.5 inches long straight which visually is about the same length as the guy in the last pic. By next year it will very long to say the least, so enough for me to sculpt any hairstyle I want out of it. These hairstyles are what I am considering as options:

Hairstyle 1: I like the fact that it's behind the ears which makes it feel like it's not hiding the face. I have the small forehead to pull this off but my problem is my forehead is slightly round which is very apparent when I wear a hairstyle like this.

Hairstyle 2: My main issue with this hairstyle is that it is too feminine. It hides my pointy ears and the roundness of my forehead well, it also makes my face look wider which I need. I just don't know why it makes me look so feminine. If I can grow a good stubble by next year I will try it in combination with this hairstyle.

Hairstyle 3: This is the safest normiest option I have imo. It does not look feminine at all no me and it covers my forehead. It shows my ears but they are a low priority failo.

Now for my haircare routine.
Apply a bit of coconut oil about 30 - 60 minutes before showering and washing my hair.
Wash my hair every third or second day, especially before important events (dates, parties etc.) since it always looks better the first day after washing it.
Use this brush:

And this one to detangle:

Skin
So right now my skin is generally pretty bad, though when I actually take care of it and wash my face daily with skincare products (I usually miss some days rn) it is better. Still not as good as it could be. This is why I want to start using Retin-A, first with 0.25% then 0.5% then 1% if I need to. My plan is gonna be based off this old 2018 guide:
"
Morning:
  1. Cleanse face (use cleanser if you used vaseline the night before)
  2. Apply Humectant
  3. Apply moisturizer
  4. Apply sunscreen
Evening:
  1. Cleanse face, pat dry
  2. Apply Retin A (in the beginning, apply it maybe 2x weekly, and work your way up to daily. You only want to apply this at night. It is ineffective in the presence of sunlight).
  3. Apply Moisturizer
  4. If your skin is flaking/dry, apply vaseline to the flaking bits/ dry areas, and 3x a week, apply vaseline to the whole face after moisturizing. Vaseline is an occlusive, meaning it seals in moisture provided by your moisturizer, and keeps your skin from drying/peeling/cracking.
"
Thank you @CopeMaxxer

Anyone in the UK can help me by telling me where to get it? I know I can get it in pharmacies but I heard they rip people off. What's a reasonable price for Retin-A and where can I get in the UK?

Teeth
1. For now my teeth are slightly yellow. I am using coconut oil + basic teeth hygeine but for some reason they are still slightly yellow so I don't think oil pulling is working that well for me. I looked at the teeth whitening guide by @Kingkellz it was very helpful so thank you for that. Most techniques other than oil pulling had some sort of risk to enamel. Carbamide Peroxide seemed to be the safest but least effective option so it will be my next step. If it does not work I might look into getting it done professionally.

2. Another problem is that my two front teeth are noticeably more yellow then the rest. This is because they were filled after I broke them as a kid. After doing some reading online it seems that I will need to go back to the dentist to fix this, but that it is an easy fix. I might use that opportunity to get the rest of my teeth professionally done also.

3. After I do all that I might have to give up tea / coffee or at least reduce how much I drink them. Right now I drink them probably 5+ times daily, mostly tea and tea with milk. I have noticed that it actually does stain my teeth a lot.

Eyes
For my eyes I will be doing three things:
1. Cucumbers on the eyes: Honestly I feel like I should've thought of this before but thanks to @Beetleking88 for pointing out in a thread about ice on eyes. This will basically be to reduce puffiness and reduce how bad my bug eyes are. 15 minutes before bed daily I will put cold cucumbers on my eyes while listening to a podcast.
This link has some good info about how it actually does help reduce eye puffiness. One important thing to take from it is to peel the skin of the cucumber because it might have harmful pesticides on it.

2. Eyelash maxxing: My eyelashes are pretty good already, but thanks to @larsanova69 I realized how important dying lower eyelashes is. Might even dye upper lashes because I have good length but they are not 'thick' enough. I might try castor oil probably won't try latisse though, but if I'm happy from my dyeing results I will not try either.

3. Eyebrow maxxing: This is the part that has stumped me the most. The thing is, I have perfect eyebrow shape, tilt, length, and width at least in my opinion and for my face. My biggest problems are that they are high set and low ish density / darkness. I will ignore the set for now, but I want to increase how dark / dense they are. Maybe I am coping because in some lighting they do look dark, but in the sun and in harsh lighting they look too light. I might unironically try an eyebrow pencil or at the very least test it out jfl.

Fashion
1. Heightmaxxing / shoes: I will get all my shoes except sports shoes with one inch + in height. In addition, I will get one inch insoles (or more than one inch since I read they compress and provide worse results than they claim). This will increase me from 5'9 to 5'11.

2. Glasses: Before everyone roasts me I HAVE to wear glasses because I am that much of a subhuman. My eyesight is very bad and if I try to wear contacts they will be very expensive. I might get lasik eventually but for now I will have to deal with glasses.

Most similar are the glasses that are 6 down in the leftmost column. I will probably keep them but I am going to get backup glasses (since my eyesight is very bad I need a backup pair because I will not be able to function without my glasses, if I will live abroad a backup pair is a need). I am thinking of something like 5 down in the leftmost column because then my eyebrows will be more visible since they are vertically narrower.

3. Clothes: Since the UK is pretty cold I will probably just leatherjacketmaxx. If there is any UK specific fashion trends I will try to keep up with them and follow for NTmaxxing. I am pretty clueless for this part so if someone can help I would appreciate it, mainly what should I wear when going to uni? Should I be casual or slightly formal? IDK

This thread is mostly for me and I will be checking back every once in a while to remember this plan and for motivation, but if anyone has input I would appreciate it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Neko arc 14's, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6273 and 3 others
good luck bro i didnt know what oil pulling was until i came across it here

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380 and Hightwolf
Next year I will hopefully get a fresh start at universty abroad, I want to create a softmaxxing guide for myself for when that time comes. This is for myself and will have 99% information you can find in other threads, the only reason I'm posting is incase someone want to read it or finds it interesting. I will separate it into 5 seperate sections Hair - Skin - Teeth - Eyes - Fashion.

Hair

I have been preparing for this section the longest. So first some information about my hair.
-Colour: Black hair or maybe very dark brown
-Texture:
View attachment 834989 View attachment 834990View attachment 834992
These three pictures very very closely resemble my hair texture
-Thickness / Density: Look at above pics, also very similar.

Now, currently my hair is 7.5 inches long straight which visually is about the same length as the guy in the last pic. By next year it will very long to say the least, so enough for me to sculpt any hairstyle I want out of it. These hairstyles are what I am considering as options:
View attachment 835015
Hairstyle 1: I like the fact that it's behind the ears which makes it feel like it's not hiding the face. I have the small forehead to pull this off but my problem is my forehead is slightly round which is very apparent when I wear a hairstyle like this.

View attachment 835021
Hairstyle 2: My main issue with this hairstyle is that it is too feminine. It hides my pointy ears and the roundness of my forehead well, it also makes my face look wider which I need. I just don't know why it makes me look so feminine. If I can grow a good stubble by next year I will try it in combination with this hairstyle.

View attachment 835025
Hairstyle 3: This is the safest normiest option I have imo. It does not look feminine at all no me and it covers my forehead. It shows my ears but they are a low priority failo.

Now for my haircare routine.
Apply a bit of coconut oil about 30 - 60 minutes before showering and washing my hair.
Wash my hair every third or second day, especially before important events (dates, parties etc.) since it always looks better the first day after washing it.
Use this brush: View attachment 835032
And this one to detangle: View attachment 835033
Skin
So right now my skin is generally pretty bad, though when I actually take care of it and wash my face daily with skincare products (I usually miss some days rn) it is better. Still not as good as it could be. This is why I want to start using Retin-A, first with 0.25% then 0.5% then 1% if I need to. My plan is gonna be based off this old 2018 guide:
"
Morning:
  1. Cleanse face (use cleanser if you used vaseline the night before)
  2. Apply Humectant
  3. Apply moisturizer
  4. Apply sunscreen
Evening:
  1. Cleanse face, pat dry
  2. Apply Retin A (in the beginning, apply it maybe 2x weekly, and work your way up to daily. You only want to apply this at night. It is ineffective in the presence of sunlight).
  3. Apply Moisturizer
  4. If your skin is flaking/dry, apply vaseline to the flaking bits/ dry areas, and 3x a week, apply vaseline to the whole face after moisturizing. Vaseline is an occlusive, meaning it seals in moisture provided by your moisturizer, and keeps your skin from drying/peeling/cracking.
"
Thank you @CopeMaxxer

Anyone in the UK can help me by telling me where to get it? I know I can get it in pharmacies but I heard they rip people off. What's a reasonable price for Retin-A and where can I get in the UK?

Teeth
1. For now my teeth are slightly yellow. I am using coconut oil + basic teeth hygeine but for some reason they are still slightly yellow so I don't think oil pulling is working that well for me. I looked at the teeth whitening guide by @Kingkellz it was very helpful so thank you for that. Most techniques other than oil pulling had some sort of risk to enamel. Carbamide Peroxide seemed to be the safest but least effective option so it will be my next step. If it does not work I might look into getting it done professionally.

2. Another problem is that my two front teeth are noticeably more yellow then the rest. This is because they were filled after I broke them as a kid. After doing some reading online it seems that I will need to go back to the dentist to fix this, but that it is an easy fix. I might use that opportunity to get the rest of my teeth professionally done also.

3. After I do all that I might have to give up tea / coffee or at least reduce how much I drink them. Right now I drink them probably 5+ times daily, mostly tea and tea with milk. I have noticed that it actually does stain my teeth a lot.

Eyes
For my eyes I will be doing three things:
1. Cucumbers on the eyes: Honestly I feel like I should've thought of this before but thanks to @Beetleking88 for pointing out in a thread about ice on eyes. This will basically be to reduce puffiness and reduce how bad my bug eyes are. 15 minutes before bed daily I will put cold cucumbers on my eyes while listening to a podcast.
This link has some good info about how it actually does help reduce eye puffiness. One important thing to take from it is to peel the skin of the cucumber because it might have harmful pesticides on it.

2. Eyelash maxxing: My eyelashes are pretty good already, but thanks to @larsanova69 I realized how important dying lower eyelashes is. Might even dye upper lashes because I have good length but they are not 'thick' enough. I might try castor oil probably won't try latisse though, but if I'm happy from my dyeing results I will not try either.

3. Eyebrow maxxing: This is the part that has stumped me the most. The thing is, I have perfect eyebrow shape, tilt, length, and width at least in my opinion and for my face. My biggest problems are that they are high set and low ish density / darkness. I will ignore the set for now, but I want to increase how dark / dense they are. Maybe I am coping because in some lighting they do look dark, but in the sun and in harsh lighting they look too light. I might unironically try an eyebrow pencil or at the very least test it out jfl.

Fashion
1. Heightmaxxing / shoes: I will get all my shoes except sports shoes with one inch + in height. In addition, I will get one inch insoles (or more than one inch since I read they compress and provide worse results than they claim). This will increase me from 5'9 to 5'11.

2. Glasses: Before everyone roasts me I HAVE to wear glasses because I am that much of a subhuman. My eyesight is very bad and if I try to wear contacts they will be very expensive. I might get lasik eventually but for now I will have to deal with glasses.
View attachment 835122
Most similar are the glasses that are 6 down in the leftmost column. I will probably keep them but I am going to get backup glasses (since my eyesight is very bad I need a backup pair because I will not be able to function without my glasses, if I will live abroad a backup pair is a need). I am thinking of something like 5 down in the leftmost column because then my eyebrows will be more visible since they are vertically narrower.

3. Clothes: Since the UK is pretty cold I will probably just leatherjacketmaxx. If there is any UK specific fashion trends I will try to keep up with them and follow for NTmaxxing. I am pretty clueless for this part so if someone can help I would appreciate it, mainly what should I wear when going to uni? Should I be casual or slightly formal? IDK

This thread is mostly for me and I will be checking back every once in a while to remember this plan and for motivation, but if anyone has input I would appreciate it.
о

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380
good luck bro i didnt know what oil pulling was until i came across it here
Thanks man. From my experience it did not work very will tbh, but I suspect it varies from person to person. It is still probably useful for health reasons though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380 and JustBeCurry
Definitely going to look in to this. Just started skin care, have to get some SPF and Retinol, but this looks hella interesting to do while I wageslave for Bimax.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380 and Hightwolf
will read , good job 👍

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Copeful and Hightwolf
Definitely going to look in to this. Just started skin care, have to get some SPF and Retinol, but this looks hella interesting to do while I wageslave for Bimax.
Always a good decision to softmax as much as possible before hardmaxxing. What inspired me to make this thread was that I was getting a bit too into surgery when I could improve a lot through only softmaxxing first. Also inspired by @some1h0peless 's last post before he left

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380
Always a good decision to softmax as much as possible before hardmaxxing. What inspired me to make this thread was that I was getting a bit too into surgery when I could improve a lot through only softmaxxing first. Also inspired by @some1h0peless 's last post before he left

Yeah, might as well get really lean again too tbh. Then surgery becomes an additive rather than a be all end all like some make it here to be.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf and Deleted member 9380