Computer crashed during my online exam ended up getting a 50% because of time

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Teacher doesn't believe me because I've done shit like turn in HW late before or make excuses in general.

I almost broke my laptop debating whether I should just skip class for the last week that was worth 40% of my grade alone so its over... If I do well on the next test which is much harder and in person so no cheating at best I can get a 70% in the grade book :/

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Xangsane, Growth Plate and 3 others
I remember the cortisol of towing the line between a D and an F

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Zeusus
Damn that's actually brutal bro. You should at least try to email them. Maybe you can get proof from your ISP that your internet crashed at that time, with that kind of proof the professor might accommodate you. Even if you can't get it exactly you can forge the proof using Adobe Acrobat, like people use that application to forge entire transcripts.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
The perils of modern day 'education'. Sorry you had to go through that.

• +1
Reactions: the BULL and Growth Plate
Damn that's actually brutal bro. You should at least try to email them. Maybe you can get proof from your ISP that your internet crashed at that time, with that kind of proof the professor might accommodate you.
I will try but she said no excuses. One more exam/assignments I did the math and if I did really good the highest grade I will get now is a 70% should I just stop trying or work hard for the possibility of a C-?

I will try but she said no excuses. One more exam/assignments I did the math and if I did really good the highest grade I will get now is a 70% should I just stop trying or work hard for the possibility of a C-?
It depends, is getting a grade in this class a requirement to take future CS courses? If not then maybe you can withdraw from it and not harm your GPA (only really matters if you plan on transferring). Keep working hard especially if you have to retake the class save all the material so you can reuse it. Again get/make documentation from your ISP that your internet crashed at that time and subtly threaten to escalate the issue.

• +1
It depends, is getting a grade in this class a requirement to take future CS courses? If not then maybe you can withdraw from it and not harm your GPA (only really matters if you plan on transferring). Keep working hard especially if you have to retake the class save all the material so you can reuse it. Again get/make documentation from your ISP that your internet crashed at that time and subtly threaten to escalate the issue.
Yeah tbh I will either have to retake the class its too late to withdraw the date where you can withdraw with no consequences passed so it would still look like a fail.

A 70% isn't horrible I have 100% in most of my classes

And I didn't even write my exam

Yeah tbh I will either have to retake the class its too late to withdraw the date where you can withdraw with no consequences passed so it would still look like a fail.

A 70% isn't horrible I have 100% in most of my classes
It's community college right? Just treat the class as only mattering for learning and don't stress out. CC classes are cheap just absorb the content then retake it next time. To maintain your GPA. I've withdrawn from a class to preserve my GPA, 1-2 W's don't mean anything really.

• +1
It's community college right? Just treat the class as only mattering for learning and don't stress out. CC classes are cheap just absorb the content then retake it next time. To maintain your GPA. I've withdrawn from a class to preserve my GPA, 1-2 W's don't mean anything really.
I think its too late to withdraw the class is nearly over...

Yeah I need at least a 3.1 to transfer to some state school. I need to ask around some classes are so easy they require 1 hours of work others its 10 a week. Thats the difference between working 40 hours a week at a job or only being able to have 20 hours

I think its too late to withdraw the class is nearly over...

Yeah I need at least a 3.1 to transfer to some state school. I need to ask around some classes are so easy they require 1 hours of work others its 10 a week. Thats the difference between working 40 hours a week at a job or only being able to have 20 hours
I know I'm not saying to withdraw I know it's not possible, I'm just saying generally 1-2 is the leeway in this field. It's different for medical and law.

Do you mind saying what state you're in? I assume you're using one of those CC->public school transfer programs. They're really good especially if you can get to schools like UW Madison, UT Austin, Berkeley, etc.

• +1
Teacher doesn't believe me because I've done shit like turn in HW late before or make excuses in general.

I almost broke my laptop debating whether I should just skip class for the last week that was worth 40% of my grade alone so its over... If I do well on the next test which is much harder and in person so no cheating at best I can get a 70% in the grade book :/
I’m even more fucked I have to make a game in unity game engine and I don’t know how to use it I am stuck trying to make prompts when I go to pick up objects and have no idea how to create a scoring system that requires the player to collect all objects to have acsess to complete a level

I have such great ideas and plans but none are possible for me to do I’ll be lucky to get a pass that’s how fucked I am rn :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy: a waste of a masters

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: the BULL and Deleted member 11126
I’m even more fucked I have to make a game in unity game engine and I don’t know how to use it I am stuck trying to make prompts when I go to pick up objects and have no idea how to create a scoring system that requires the player to collect all objects to have acsess to complete a level

I have such great ideas and plans but none are possible for me to do I’ll be lucky to get a pass that’s how fucked I am rn :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy: a waste of a masters
Yeah a lot of people here must be ADHDcels... I do this stuff all the time. In my easiest class I start the HW at 11:20pm its due at 12. I do this because I know its the bare minimum I need to finish it. I just need to do gay shit like this to work.

Although I found out the hard way this does not work for Math lol.

Idk why I do this... Like the class is super easy and if I missed one assignment my grade would tank but something about being on the edge of failing but coming through is motivating. I was able to get away with this more so in HS I remember for finals I only studied in lunch my friends would always make fun of me for doing my HW in lunch. But I still did decent college is different though...

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
I know I'm not saying to withdraw I know it's not possible, I'm just saying generally 1-2 is the leeway in this field. It's different for medical and law.

Do you mind saying what state you're in? I assume you're using one of those CC->public school transfer programs. They're really good especially if you can get to schools like UW Madison, UT Austin, Berkeley, etc.
Can't say honestly because if I said my State could get me doxxed. But I will say its a top 40 school pretty decent STEM and business programs. The way it works is as long as I go to a uni in my state the credits transfer.

I also am going to take some CLEP classes along with CC since they are easier

Yeah a lot of people here must be ADHDcels... I do this stuff all the time. In my easiest class I start the HW at 11:20pm its due at 12. I do this because I know its the bare minimum I need to finish it. I just need to do gay shit like this to work.

Although I found out the hard way this does not work for Math lol.

Idk why I do this... Like the class is super easy and if I missed one assignment my grade would tank but something about being on the edge of failing but coming through is motivating. I was able to get away with this more so in HS I remember for finals I only studied in lunch my friends would always make fun of me for doing my HW in lunch. But I still did decent college is different though...
I do that as well. We have warrior brains, we do it last min but we do it as close as possible so that we don’t take huge L. Yeah my one seems hard but I think I can do it if not I’ll just come up with something else to make up for my lack of skill either way the project will be done I’ll complete it I put my all into this shit

• +1
Can't say honestly because if I said my State could get me doxxed. But I will say its a top 40 school pretty decent STEM and business programs. The way it works is as long as I go to a uni in my state the credits transfer.

I also am going to take some CLEP classes along with CC since they are easier
You mean CLEP tests right?
Those are legit and save quite a bit of money. It's just a test though there's no class you gotta self study. Gl mate.

• +1

You mean CLEP tests right?
Those are legit and save quite a bit of money. It's just a test though there's no class you gotta self study. Gl mate.
Yeah what are some good CLEP exams...

I will take Spanish since I know quite bit already. Maybe Calc but that sounds hard...

Wow, this happened to me once when I was a first-year student. I got a 0% in that exam because I couldn't submit it, and I wasn't allowed to redo the exam.

Nonetheless, the exam only counted for 20% of my grade and I still passed the module.

• +1
Wow, this happened to me once when I was a first-year student. I got a 0% in that exam because I couldn't submit it, and I wasn't allowed to redo the exam.

Nonetheless, the exam only counted for 20% of my grade and I still passed the module.
Yeah I can still get a 70% maybe....

If I get below 65 I will just need to pay 200 bucks to retake the class I guess :/

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
it's over if connection or pc crashes. you can't do anything about it. it just sucks.

Yeah I can still get a 70% maybe....

If I get below 65 I will just need to pay 200 bucks to retake the class I guess :/
When do your results come out? Wishing you the best.

• +1
Yeah what are some good CLEP exams...

I will take Spanish since I know quite bit already. Maybe Calc but that sounds hard...
I took the Biology one only having studied for 4 hours the night before and got enough points for the credits. There's a bunch of online tests that rank them in difficulty

• +1
I took the Biology one only having studied for 4 hours the night before and got enough points for the credits. There's a bunch of online tests that rank them in difficulty
Good to keep in mind...

Yeah CLEP mogs CC classes they are cheaper but still costs me like a grand per semester. Which isn't cheap.

I just need to take them in order to be able to transfer somewhere. Just going to take the bare minimum classes 12 credit hours then CLEP the rest

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
When do your results come out? Wishing you the best.
Grades end in a week so I can't withdraw worst comes to worst I just need to retake it. I will get a good score if I retook it for sure... But it would suck

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Xangsane
Grades end in a week so I can't withdraw worst comes to worst I just need to retake it. I will get a good score if I retook it for sure... But it would suck
Good luck. (y)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and thecel