Computer Science is convoluted on PURPOSE

DarkTetrad

DarkTetrad

I am above law enforcement
computer science was made convoluted on purpose so that hacking would be harder, it takes 3 fucking languages to learn just how to make web pages, they’re HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

But it could have been done with one.

They’re like 100 different IDEs, each with a full host of redundant buttons that are there for show.

And most importantly, people don’t want to actually tell you how things work. They’ll always use analogies to “simplify” things. The SSL handshake is a perfect example, people keep trying to use analogies such as “certifications” and “authenticity” like nigga just explain to me when and where the client sends the server the string of bits and how it’s then sent back to establish the “secure” connection.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: uksucks, autistic_tendencies, wsada and 15 others
computer science was made convoluted on purpose so that hacking would be harder, it takes 3 fucking languages to learn just how to make web pages, they’re HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

But it could have been done with one.
you're retarded if you don't understand how this is actually a lot better than stuffing everything into one language.

tell me - which gives u more flexibility react native / swift for mobile dev or the whole array of frontend/backend frameworks u can use for web dev? obviously the latter.

im guessing you're new to the field and feeling a bit rebellious, but soldier on it'll all make sense eventually.

• +1
Reactions: Jonnyboi, wsada, Marsiere214 and 8 others
you're retarded if you don't understand how this is actually a lot better than stuffing everything into one language.

tell me - which gives u more flexibility react native / swift for mobile dev or the whole array of frontend/backend frameworks u can use for web dev? obviously the latter.

im guessing you're new to the field and feeling a bit rebellious, but soldier on it'll all make sense eventually.
Bro maybe you can argue separating JS from the other two but the separation from HTML and CSS??
One is the text and images, the other is the font size, location, and shape of image like lol at separating that.

The fact that there are so many languages is ridiculous, and you pretty much have to know a fair amount of them to be an efficient “pro heker” (the only point of getting into this).

I don’t even understand what “flexibility” has to do with what I said. How does separating one web page into 3 different formats give it more flexibility? Quite frankly how exactly does multiple languages even give more flexibility? Just add new reserved words for extra functionality. You have to relearn new reserved words for different languages anyways.

I’m obviously not going to “rebel” against this, what’s been built has been built I have to just learn it all, but my point stands, it’s needlessly convoluted.

(Note: Apple has one language, Swift, and it’s the most successful and NT tech on the market. They had it right.)

• +1
Reactions: wsada and Deleted member 15302
Buddy talks about CS but all he can say is muh HTML V.S. CSS.
:lul: :lul: :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: wsada, Marsiere214, Deleted member 14392 and 3 others
Buddy talks about CS but all he can say is muh HTML V.S. CSS.
:lul: :lul: :lul:
I already have my own GitHub and wrote my own program on it lmao. I was keeping it simple so newbs like you could keep up.

• JFL
Reactions: xxmaxxingxx
I already have my own GitHub and wrote my own program on it lmao. I was keeping it simple so newbs like you could keep up.
GitHubs me.

• JFL
Reactions: uksucks and User28823
if this post is all that looksmax is about then I should delete my account. I would like to know if someone improved themselves using this forum.

• JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger, onskibidi, Marsiere214 and 7 others
bro that's only the front end, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
I agree that programmers are condescending and want to complicate everything to ignorant people regarding tech, which is not good imo.

BTW the only programming language is Javascript, the other 2 aren't programming languages

They learn databases and all that shit in computer science it’s not just static web pages, I did it for a year there’s a lot of theory and imo it’s not a waste of time if you actually learn it

you can find any and all info on anything you want if you look where you should be looking. some pajeet codemonkey on youtube youre probably following neither knows nor is willing to go into such technical details.

yea on frontend its complete trash

if you’ve ever used a modified programming language that implements ui into the language using custom library calls before you’ll know how shit the html + css + javascript system is.

and i completely agree on the analogy shit. 90% of the time we do not need analogies to explain programming concepts and they’re probably just confusing new programmers

for example when i was learning for loops a few years back they kept using these bullshit analogies and even in my comp sci class they used fucking poker cards to explain how you could find the lowest value using a for loop when all they had to do was explain that

Python:
i = 0
while i < 100:
    i += 1
    print(i)

is the same thing as a for loop

yea on frontend its complete trash

if you’ve ever used a modified programming language that implements ui into the language using custom library calls before you’ll know how shit the html + css + javascript system is.

and i completely agree on the analogy shit. 90% of the time we do not need analogies to explain programming concepts and they’re probably just confusing new programmers

for example when i was learning for loops a few years back they kept using these bullshit analogies and even in my comp sci class they used fucking poker cards to explain how you could find the lowest value using a for loop when all they had to do was explain that

Python:
i = 0
while i < 100:
    i += 1
    print(i)

is the same thing as a for loop

They don’t like showing equivalences. For loops can be written with while loops, as you clearly know already, but this realization too early makes it so that you wouldn’t even want to use the for loop and that would hurt the feewings of whoever invented it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Deleted member 15302
Computer science teaches you how to think and solve problems, not how to program. This was at least my experience and many others.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger, Deleted member 14392 and rand anon
I wanted to study mechatronics but that major doesn't exist where I live.

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Computer science teaches you how to think and solve problems, not how to program. This was at least my experience and many others.
think and solve “problems”. those problems being theoretical code such as a self calling function with a loop nested in a loop with another function plus math equations at each step.

my comp sci class was utterly useless because this is all we did. we didnt actually work in a single environment the whole time.

im not in college so maybe it’ll be different but i doubt it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392
All these languages exist as abstractions to ways of thinking about programs. You can just make do with most of the basic ones

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
think and solve “problems”. those problems being theoretical code such as a self calling function with a loop nested in a loop with another function plus math equations at each step.

my comp sci class was utterly useless because this is all we did. we didnt actually work in a single environment the whole time.

im not in college so maybe it’ll be different but i doubt it.
High IQ individuals just go to the first few classes to get the ball rolling on the very basics and then take it solo from there.

Otherwise they’ll keep you there forever doing useless stupid shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
It’s true - I’ve learnt more in past 3 months watching YouTube tutorials than 3 years of uni.

• +1
Reactions: Jonnyboi, autistic_tendencies, Deleted member 14392 and 1 other person
retard detected

specialization. different ides/languages for different purposes, comparing the coding time to compiling and running times. all sorts of tradeoffs.

maybe your IQ is too low for this topic because all the things you mentioned are fairly simple.

• JFL
Reactions: Jonnyboi