Convincing Someone Not To Sui Isn't Always The Best Thing To Do

SHARK

SHARK

Kraken
Luckily other aspects of my life besides social life are good. So I can stay alive and cope.

But some people have NOTHING.

Some people are burn victims. Some people are paralyzed. Some people's lives are literally over.

Telling people to "don't do it!" implies their lives will get better, but in reality it won't. Instead, you're keeping them alive to live potentially decades of more misery, just for them to die in the end. Never reaching that mountain peak, that day of victory, that day of nirvana, that day where they finally say "I made it. I'm glad I didn't end it."

And just because someone hasn't killed themselves yet DOES NOT mean that they still have "hope". It's simply their innate survival instinct preventing them from ending it.

tldr; Let the 48yr old 5'2" balding Indian janitor rope. The life he dreamed of since childhood will never come...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426, Enlil and Deleted member 2227
Attention! [Serious] Tag Notice

• Jokes, puns, and off-topic comments are not permitted in any comment, parent or child.
  • Parent comments that aren't from the target group will be removed, along with their child replies.
  • Report comments that violate these rules.
Posts that have few relevant answers within the first hour, and posts that are not appropriate for the [Serious] tag will be removed. Consider doing an AMA request instead.

Thanks for your cooperation and enjoy the discussion!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, Ekeoma_The_BBC, Butthurt Dweller and 3 others
bro

giphy.gif

i want to sui after watching this

remove this

please

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • So Sad
Reactions: Bennett, Deleted member 2227, nausea and 1 other person
You're wrong. Life is always better than death.
It doesn't matter if you're in constant physical and mental pain, that is still better than ceasing to have consciousness.
There is no afterlife, there is nothing waiting for you and killing yourself is a waste of what you've been given.
If your a 48-year-old 5'2 man you're still blessed compared to the dead body in the ground that will be you if you kill yourself.

It doesn't matter if you're in constant physical and mental pain, that is still better than ceasing to have consciousness.
There is no afterlife, there is nothing waiting for you and killing yourself is a waste of what you've been given.
If your a 48-year-old 5'2 man you're still blessed compared to the dead body in the ground that will be you if you kill yourself.

cope. i was lifeless before i was born and will be lifeless in death. i will have no conscious of this. i will not feel pain after having transgressed states of being into non-being.

• +1
Reactions: SHARK
So you would rather be physically tortured until you die than just die? That makes no sense.

Also you have no proof "there is no afterlife". People assume this because when you die your brain will rot/disintegrate away, thus your consciousness could never form again.

But you ALREADY came from nothing. Why couldn't it happen again? I don't believe in man made religious after life, though.

does that mean we shouldn’t tell shark to commit ☹️😞

i will have no conscious of this.
exactly. What I'm trying to say is that being is always better than non-being.

So you would rather be physically tortured until you die than just die? That makes no sense.
yes. Pain is better than death.

Also you have no proof "there is no afterlife". People assume this because when you die your brain will rot/disintegrate away, thus your consciousness could never form again.

But you ALREADY came from nothing. Why couldn't it happen again? I don't believe in man made religious after life, though.
hate to say it but the need for an afterlife & higher purpose is humanity's biggest cope. read up on nihilism & absurdism.
My proof that there is no afterlife is simple: There is no proof for an afterlife.
Just because I say that a giant spaghetti monster exists & you can't prove me wrong doesn't make it true.

hate to say it but the need for an afterlife & higher purpose is humanity's biggest cope. read up on nihilism & absurdism.
My proof that there is no afterlife is simple: There is no proof for an afterlife.
Just because I say that a giant spaghetti monster exists & you can't prove me wrong doesn't make it true.

even if you're in constant pain and turmoil?

• JFL
Reactions: SHARK

I'm a nihilist myself. I'm not claiming there is an afterlife. I'm saying it IS possible for your consciousness to come back. Just because we haven't discovered something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Like a rare animal or a planet. Atheism is almost as dumb as religion. Just be agnostic and say "I don't know".

It took 14 billion years to put atoms together in the exact alignment to make your consciousness. Maybe it will take 20 billion, or 100 billion years for it to happen again, but it can.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC
even if you're in constant pain and turmoil?
you know what, that depends on the situation but usually that isn't permanent.
No one is getting tortured eternally with an option to kill themselves but maybe if you're a basket case with ptsd & problems with your nerves.
Definitely no one on this forum is in that kind of situation though.

It took 14 billion years to put atoms together in the exact alignment to make your consciousness. Maybe it will take 20 billion, or 100 billion years for it to happen again, but it can.
If you put Jimmy in a teleporter, break him down to the molecular level, & then rearrange him on the other side of the planet is the new Jimmy the same a the old Jimmy?

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC

tenor.gif

you know what, that depends on the situation but usually that isn't permanent.
No one is getting tortured eternally with an option to kill themselves but maybe if you're a basket case with ptsd & problems with your nerves.
Definitely no one on this forum is in that kind of situation though.

If you put Jimmy in a teleporter, break him down to the molecular level, & then rearrange him on the other side of the planet is the new Jimmy the same a the old Jimmy?
I would think yes. Otherwise that suggests there's a supernatural soul.

Now identical twins have the same DNA, yet they have different consciousness's, so that's interesting. Point being, we have yet to discover every aspect of the universe. And that's if we are able to even COMPREHEND everything about it, which I doubt.

Dying isnt that big of a deal, you dont miss a thing youre not floating in darkness or whatever, its all just gone like a forgotten memory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
Suicide is just a way to cope thinking that you have some control of your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
Some people are 5’11” 4/10 bbcs