coping with losing a friend

Earth Dollar

Earth Dollar

Victim of autocorrect
basically me and my brother were really close and used to talk all the time but over last few months we've grown apart. like we barely talk to each other anymore and he generally seems to ignore me. usually this dont get to me but it's like that's my brother who has been my closest friend so it hits different. idk if it's something that I did or maybe just something that was always going to happen.

• +1
Reactions: Bomber517, try2beme and Darkeningstar
do you share any hobbies or common interests? when me and bro feel like we are drifiting apart we always invite eachother to do some stuff we like together like playing videogames or chess, or pay eachother a visit (we live in different towns)

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and Earth Dollar
do you share any hobbies or common interests? when me and bro feel like we are drifiting apart we always invite eachother to do some stuff together like playing vidya or chess, or pay eachother a visit (we live in different towns)
yes many

we live very near each other. I live in an apt and he lives with my mom.

I know that a true friendship will get over anything even the bad times

but im ngl it feels bad when it feels like you are drifting

Relatable.
I just end up forgetting about it i think i developed the coping mechanism of cognitive dissonance naturally and its strong af atp after loosing my best friend

• +1
Reactions: Earth Dollar
Blood brother or just a friend?

Relatable.
I just end up forgetting about it i think i developed the coping mechanism of cognitive dissonance naturally and its strong af atp after loosing my best friend
yea I remember you talking about losing your close friend so that's why I tagged you

man it's tough asf especially since I remember just last year we were hanging out every single day together or whenever er got the opportunity. would play games together etc

even up until a few months ago

now it's dying

I just dk what happened

also what do you mean by the coping mechanism of cognitive dissonance

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
It has happened to me that even very good friendships have withered away for no apparent reason, or at least not such as to make them wither away. I have seen friendships wither away because the context rewards laziness; sometimes it is enough not to have a proactive context to lose touch.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Bomber517 and Earth Dollar
It has happened to me that even very good friendships have withered away for no apparent reason, or at least not such as to make them wither away. I have seen friendships wither away because the context rewards laziness; sometimes it is enough not to have a proactive context to lose touch.
I just hope that me and my brother's friendship doesn't wither away

I've had many friendships in the past wither away. not even just wither but more like a boom and then they are gone completely and I've dealt with it fine

but this one just hits way different

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
I just hope that me and my brother's friendship doesn't wither away

I've had many friendships in the past wither away. not even just wither but more like a boom and then they are gone completely and I've dealt with it fine

but this one just hits way different
I wish you not