Correlation between prenatal testosterone and facial masculinity, thoughts?

Feanor

Feanor

conjurer

There is a significant correlation between prenatal T and facial masculinity between and within sexes. There is no correlation between adult testosterone and facial masculinity. Is this because facial masculinity is correlated with pubertal testosterone and they are all adults or does facial masculinity only depend on prenatal T?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
DHR is more important during puberty and don't forget about DHEA

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 6401 and Feanor
I guess it's because dimorphism is pretty much only dependant on prenatal T. There are others sharp features but they are not dimorphic on themselves that are the product not of prenatal T but genetics and environement - basically a wider jaw for example.
what can it makes ? Elaborate.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Feanor
by DHR you mean dihydrotestosterone right? isn't DHEA a direct precursor to all androgens including DHR?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3043
if i recall well high prenatal T is linked strongely and will lead too if you are :
- good FWHR
- Strong and square chin
- rather middle to low set browridge and rather strong
- closer to a compact midface - can be fucked with puberty though but very rare
- strong nasal bridge
- slopped forehead

the rest is a matter of environement, diet, and genetics.
I have all of these, and i was high E during puberty, not doing sport and anything, still higher T than most.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2745
if i recall well high prenatal T is linked strongely and will lead too if you are :
- good FWHR
- Strong and square chin
- strong nasal bridge
- slopped forehead

I have all of these, and i was high E during puberty, not doing sport and anything, still higher T than most.
like, ,my prenatal T is fucking trash, how tf did i get dymorphic traits idk.
like my ring figner is like 1cm(if not more) longer then my index/

• So Sad
  • +1
- good FWHR
- Strong and square chin
- strong nasal bridge
- slopped forehead

Can very high pubertal T and high GH during puberty change your face a lot if you were born low prenatal T?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and AlexHeally
- good FWHR
- Strong and square chin
- strong nasal bridge
- slopped forehead

do you think A.) high prenatal T triggers the fetus into having a body that produces more androgens later in life hence a correlation between dimorphism and prenatal T but through androgens? like prenatal t -> androgens -> dimorphism/development making prenatal T the most important factor over the environment which may affect androgen production or B.) are the levels of androgen production independent of prenatal T implying that the dimorphic effect of prenatal T is still out of the control of the person but their androgen levels may be affected primarily by other things like the environment?

• +1
do you think A.) high prenatal T triggers the fetus into having a body that produces more androgens later in life hence a correlation between dimorphism and prenatal T but through androgens? like prenatal t -> androgens -> dimorphism/development making prenatal T the most important factor over the environment which may affect androgen production or B.) are the levels of androgen production independent of prenatal T implying that the dimorphic effect of prenatal T is still out of the control of the person but their androgen levels may be affected primarily by other things like the environment?
I totally believe and i'm sure about the 1.
I wasn't meant to come to live according to doc, at 6 months, had a pretty bad environement and still got my dimorphic face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Feanor