Could building muscle affect height in puberty?

P

Pakiy

Iron
A little background I'm 16 5 9 (175cm) my dad is 511 (180cm) mom 5 7 (170cm) brother 6 1 (185cm at 20 years old). My brother was a late bloomer(constitutional growth delay) and so was my mother I'm 100% sure I'm the same. My brother always grew slowly but steadily like me until around 17 where he kinda hit a growth spurt and continued growing. The same thing with my mother but she grew almost all at once at 17 so it's in my genetics. I even checked the doctor's note graph thing of my brother's height during his teens and at my age, he was the same height as me and I even checked pictures and compared to the same reference person and it lined up. So basically I'm still growing. My question is could the action of building muscle lead to me not being as tall as I am supposed to due to the nutrients being used to build muscle instead of being used to make me grow taller and such. And I don't mean any injuries from deadlifts and squats that could lead to stunted height. I googled this and there are no real answers. My bro said he didn't start at my age due to the same "fear" and told me not to take the risk. The hardcore gym-goers obviously say otherwise because they are biased and there haven't been any studies on the matter so what do u guys think?

• +1
Reactions: DutchPrettyBoy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5608, Deleted member 2658, Deleted member 6789 and 1 other person
A little background I'm 16 5 9 (175cm) my dad is 511 (180cm) mom 5 7 (170cm) brother 6 1 (185cm at 20 years old). My brother was a late bloomer(constitutional growth delay) and so was my mother I'm 100% sure I'm the same. My brother always grew slowly but steadily like me until around 17 where he kinda hit a growth spurt and continued growing. The same thing with my mother but she grew almost all at once at 17 so it's in my genetics. I even checked the doctor's note graph thing of my brother's height during his teens and at my age, he was the same height as me and I even checked pictures and compared to the same reference person and it lined up. So basically I'm still growing. My question is could the action of building muscle lead to me not being as tall as I am supposed to due to the nutrients being used to build muscle instead of being used to make me grow taller and such. And I don't mean any injuries from deadlifts and squats that could lead to stunted height. I googled this and there are no real answers. My bro said he didn't start at my age due to the same "fear" and told me not to take the risk. The hardcore gym-goers obviously say otherwise because they are biased and there haven't been any studies on the matter so what do u guys think?
Blablabla fake and old ass news. U release hgh when weightlifting aka u will get taller from weight lifting. Just eat enough meat and dairy JFL.

• +1
Reactions: Pakiy
Don't lift weights bro, or you will be a manlet forever

2bfq9t.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5608, ProAcktiv, Deleted member 4609 and 4 others
only if u dont eat enough u gotta eat big

during puberty u need to eat alot, adding gym is gona make u need more nutrition

if you dont eat a shit ton ur growth could be stunted

• +1
Reactions: Pakiy, Deleted member 5522 and Deleted member 9380
if you do the exercises correctly there is nothing to worry about.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Pakiy and Deleted member 4332
mirin at ur mogger brother tbh.
ngl didnt real the rest

• +1
Fuck you you're younger than me and taller. I wanna kill all tallfags. Fuck you god i hate your gay little earth I'm gonna blow it all to hell in minecraft one day

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658
only if u dont eat enough u gotta eat big

during puberty u need to eat alot, adding gym is gona make u need more nutrition

if you dont eat a shit ton ur growth could be stunted
yeah I think that's what I'm gonna do

if you do the exercises correctly there is nothing to worry about.
yeah this seems to be the case imma start going to the gym with my friends then

• +1
Reactions: DutchPrettyBoy
Blablabla fake and old ass news. U release hgh when weightlifting aka u will get taller from weight lifting. Just eat enough meat and dairy JFL.
even got told this from a shorter friend of mine that's jacked. He actually wanted me to start hitting the gym with him and my other friends but I held it off but it seems that I should start

Yes it could in theory so eat enough.

• +1
naa thats not how it is lol my second growth spurt happened right after i started exercise

• +1
No. It is a myth

• +1
naa thats not how it is lol my second growth spurt happened right after i started exercise
could u give me a better explanation? background info, type of exercise, diet, etc imma start going to the gym anyway but more info won't hurt

RAW GRASS FED BEEF

Proper diet is a must tho, otherwise you will be fucked

could u give me a better explanation? background info, type of exercise, diet, etc imma start going to the gym anyway but more info won't hurt
i just lost bodyfat tbh and ate meat more

• +1