Could I actually qualify for LFIII or some LF

9shotsintheruger

9shotsintheruger

Iron
I had cranial surgery as a baby because the bones in my skull fused too early. I know they mainly only do LFIII for crouzon syndrome or Apert syndrome but Apert syndrome is really similar to what I had because it is "the premature closure of the bones of the skull (craniosynostosis)." This is exactly what I had except I never actually was diagnosed with any syndrome and it was corrected when I was about 3 weeks old with a surgery. Now I'm 19 and I haven't had any further complications besides that my head is lumpy asf and that my forehead protrudes on both sides (frontal bossing) but is also uneven which makes me look kinda subhuman. I went to consult a plastic surgeon about getting it corrected and they said I have the best result they've seen with the surgery but if the forehead stuff really bothered me they could correct it and I'm planning to get that surgery once all the corona stuff blows over.

Anyways besides the stuff with the forehead my face is really asymmetrical. My nose is crooked way off center from my philtrum, one of my eyes is slightly smaller and tilted downward compared to the other and my jaw is bigger on that side of the face too, even though my bite is fine after having braces for 3 years. Some pictures I almost look like I have really mild bell's palsy but tbh most people probably wouldn't be able to tell I ever had surgery and wouldn't say I looked deformed or anything. However whenever I point these out to plastic surgeons they say either they don't see what I'm talking about or don't think they're severe enough to fix. I found this kid (the one on the left) who had the same cranial surgery I did and his face is kind of similar to mine with the asymmetries but my eye asymmetry definitely is not as severe as his.

Back to possibly getting LF done though my midface isn't noticeably recessed or anything but it could be better. I know getting any any LF is a longshot but I probably have a better chance of getting it than 99% of people here because I technically had a deformity and LFIII has been performed on people with it. I was wondering what you guys would say to a plastic surgeon in my situation to try to get them to do LF. I could try saying that I have sleep apnea or something but then there's a chance they would test and figure out I didn't have it so idk. Just was wondering what I should say to increase my chances because I have some consultations once quarantine is over.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
If you look like me (Picture right), consider LFIII. I have sleep apnea, and doctor said i only need "lefort I", which is bias.
PicsArt 03 31 025740

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and PubertyMaxxer
Need pics tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 4053