Creatine

Dodevu

Dodevu

Diamond
Started creatine again whilst I’m home from uni so I can lift bit heavier and I’ve gained 3lbs water weight over past two weeks and planning on coming off it before I go back to university.

Anyone ever tried creatine whilst eating low sodium? Does that help or will creatine still bloat your face anyway?

inb4 creatine only adds water to your muscles completely disregarding that we have muscles in our face.

I don't know about water retention but you do know there's anecdotal claims from quite a lot of people that creatine accelerates male pattern baldness? I decided not to risk it myself, IMO hair is too important, even based on shaky evidence.

Hair is Life. Hair > Muscles for appeal and aesthetics, always

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
I don't know about water retention but you do know there's anecdotal claims from quite a lot of people that creatine accelerates male pattern baldness? I decided not to risk it myself, IMO hair is too important, even based on shaky evidence.

Creatine really does accelerate MPB due to MPB being dependant on serum DHT levels and DHT is a hormone that attaches itself to hair follicles in the scalp thus reducing blood flow to said follicles resulting in hair miniaturization and eventual balding. Creatine increases serum DHT in men (proven in many scientific articles) therefore increasing amount of DHT in the scalp which, again, increases rate of hair loss.
Since its impossible to completely halt MPB, but its possible to slow it down drastically, its a sound decision to avoid creatine.

• +1
Reactions: htnambition
Creatine really does accelerate MPB due to MPB being dependant on serum DHT levels and DHT is a hormone that attaches itself to hair follicles in the scalp thus reducing blood flow to said follicles resulting in hair miniaturization and eventual balding. Creatine increases serum DHT in men (proven in many scientific articles) therefore increasing amount of DHT in the scalp which, again, increases rate of hair loss.
Since its impossible to completely halt MPB, but its possible to slow it down drastically, its a sound decision to avoid creatine.
Thanks for the high IQ response, I'll continue to avoid it.

I buzzed my hair earlier this year and realised I must never go bald. What little attention I do get from women completely disappeared, it was like I became invisible without frauding my hairline with my fringe. Fuck going full shave it bro

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and MikeMew'sBitch
Started creatine again whilst I’m home from uni so I can lift bit heavier and I’ve gained 3lbs water weight over past two weeks and planning on coming off it before I go back to university.

Anyone ever tried creatine whilst eating low sodium? Does that help or will creatine still bloat your face anyway?

inb4 creatine only adds water to your muscles completely disregarding that we have muscles in our face.
creatine shouldnt bloat you. it only makes your muscles more fuller

myth

TBH I'm so against losing any more of my hair that I probably still wouldn't take creatine if Derek from MPMD did a video debunking it.

• +1
Worst thing about creatine is it kicks off norwooding in a lot of people.

TBH I'm so against losing any more of my hair that I probably still wouldn't take creatine if Derek from MPMD did a video debunking it.
valid. i have alopecia and my life is hell

• +1
valid. i have alopecia and my life is hell
I got recommended a video on YT for a new trial drug for alopecia the other day

Haven't watched it but may be of interest? Best of luck either way bro

• +1
Reactions: Sondern
I got recommended a video on YT for a new trial drug for alopecia the other day

Haven't watched it but may be of interest? Best of luck either way bro

thanks man

• +1

I have hair system so idc bout hair

Thanks for the high IQ response, I'll continue to avoid it.

I buzzed my hair earlier this year and realised I must never go bald. What little attention I do get from women completely disappeared, it was like I became invisible without frauding my hairline with my fringe. Fuck going full shave it bro

"The vast majority of speculation regarding the relationship between creatine supplementation and hair loss/baldness stems from a single study by van der Merwe et al. [61] where college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine (25 g/day for 7 days, followed by 5 g/day thereafter for an additional 14 days) experienced an increase in serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations over time."

They made them do a bullshit loading phase of 25g a day, 20g over the efficacious dose.

Also that study was N = 16 lol

Moreover,

"While it is possible that creatine supplementation upregulated 5-alpha-reductase activity in these males (potentially leading to increased formation of DHT), no study has reported hair loss/baldness in humans."

and,

"To date, 12 other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation (i.e. doses ranging from 3-25 g/day for 6 days to 12 weeks) on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation [65, 66], while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies [6771], free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found."

finally,

"In summary, the current body of evidence does not indicate that creatine supplementation increases total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT or causes hair loss/baldness."

• +1
Reactions: irrumator praetor and htnambition
Okay what about facial bloating as I glue a rug to my head so don’t care bout hair loss

"The vast majority of speculation regarding the relationship between creatine supplementation and hair loss/baldness stems from a single study by van der Merwe et al. [61] where college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine (25 g/day for 7 days, followed by 5 g/day thereafter for an additional 14 days) experienced an increase in serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations over time."

They made them do a bullshit loading phase of 25g a day, 20g over the efficacious dose.

Also that study was N = 16 lol

Moreover,

"While it is possible that creatine supplementation upregulated 5-alpha-reductase activity in these males (potentially leading to increased formation of DHT), no study has reported hair loss/baldness in humans."

and,

"To date, 12 other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation (i.e. doses ranging from 3-25 g/day for 6 days to 12 weeks) on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation [65, 66], while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies [6771], free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found."

finally,

"In summary, the current body of evidence does not indicate that creatine supplementation increases total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT or causes hair loss/baldness."
Thanks for this also seemingly high IQ response. I will still never take creatine. I'd go bald just from placebo anyway at this point.

• JFL
Okay what about facial bloating as I glue a rug to my head so don’t care bout hair loss
In summary, while there is some evidence to suggest that creatine supplementation increases water retention, primarily attributed to increases in intracellular volume, over the short term, there are several other studies suggesting it does not alter total body water (intra or extracellular) relative to muscle mass over longer periods of time. As a result, creatine supplementation may not lead to water retention.

It will likely vary on your facial structure and personal reaction to the supplement.

Where your body likes to store water may vary on an individual basis.

Tldr fuck around and find out.

• +1
Reactions: Dodevu