Credit Card or Debit Card?

NationalWarrior

NationalWarrior

Future Dad
My parents always told me that credit cards are a scam and that's how dumb people get in debt and go broke (didn't lie on that part) but I was thinking if are there any benefits for using a credit card instead of a debit card (the one I'm currently using).

I'm just looking at any chance that I can to get that little extra money.

From Europe btw

Get both. Treat the credit card like cash and pay it off all the time. Don’t let interest accrue or owe anything it’ll build credit that you can use to buy a house or get a loan later

• +1
Reactions: RealNinja, Petsmart, Yerico7 and 5 others
or you can use an prepay card and dont debt anything

• +1
Reactions: hapagenes2
Use both wisely

• +1
Reactions: hapagenes2
0% credit cards, as long as you keep your credit score high you can just keep balance transferring them indefinitely when the 0% ends

My parents always told me that credit cards are a scam and that's how dumb people get in debt and go broke
The problem is being dumb, not credit cards.

• +1
Reactions: User28823 and xegigi
use credit card to buy things you can afford at the time, don't miss payments or anything just like princeodarkness said, then when your credit builds up you can appply for loans for investment properties or a business

In Europe only benefit of a credit card is u get 30-60 days before u need to pay for something. So u can buy shit before u get paid.

Aside from that they the same, there is no reward point system of any value in Europe anymore

cred card is for jobs and debit is for banks idk

Credit cards are not the problem. It's the person using it who mess up

Credit cards are amazing, find a good one that pays 2% or more cash back. Specialty cards meant for a specific store usually pay 5% cash back. That means $5 back for every $100 spent which is literally free money. It honestly adds up if you use your credit card like your main cash and instantly pay it back. Don’t carry a balance on it and you won’t have anything bad happen. Only people who don’t like them are idiots that max it out thinking it’s free money when it’s more like a loan that you constantly pay back.

Credit Card Is amazing but the sad part Is you have to pay back