Cure for short face plz help

patricknotstar

patricknotstar

Platinum
My face is very short vertically especially my lower third, but I have no malocclusion. Could surgery help elongate my face , for example something like this
B3C874BA AB94 492D 95CB 0081FE3D78A2

• +1
Reactions: AcneScars and Acnno
Of course. A lengthening genio, bimax with clockwise maxillary rotation accomplished via moving the ans downward, some combo of the two. Need to have a ceph analysis done to know which will bring your particular skeletal anatomy closer to ideals.

• +1
Reactions: user47283 and patricknotstar
Do you have an appropriate amount of tooth show when you smile? (As opposed to the example you posted preop where his upper lip covered most of his top teeth because of a vertically short maxilla)

His post-op tooth show is close to ideal, I'm guessing they performed a clockwise maxillary rotation

@Copemaxxing

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10652
Do you have an appropriate amount of tooth show when you smile? (As opposed to the example you posted preop where his upper lip covered most of his top teeth because of a vertically short maxilla)

His post-op tooth show is close to ideal, I'm guessing they performed a clockwise maxillary rotation
I have no malocclusion and normal tooth show, yet my jaw is still recessed and I have a very short face , kinda like the guy in the before pic

Bimax with maxillary downgraft and vertical genioplasty. I have SFS and plan to get this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7820 and patricknotstar
Bimax with maxillary downgraft and vertical genioplasty. I have SFS and plan to get this
Do u think Arnett and Gunson will perform this, those are the surgeons im looking into

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
Do u think Arnett and Gunson will perform this, those are the surgeons im looking into

Arnett is retired, Gunson definitely will, and if you consult him either in person or digitally, you'll get a surgical plan that will let you know what ballpark movements you need.

• +1
Reactions: patricknotstar
Arnett is retired, Gunson definitely will, and if you consult him either in person or digitally, you'll get a surgical plan that will let you know what ballpark movements you need.
Thanks for all the help Bro, I’m so recessed I can never shave my beard. Even my mom has told me not to shave XD

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
Thanks for all the help Bro, I’m so recessed I can never shave my beard. Even my mom has told me not to shave XD
No problem. Gunson's surgical prices are kind of outrageous, but it's definitely worth it to consult with him. I had a digital consult with him, well worth the money

• +1
Reactions: patricknotstar
Of course. A lengthening genio, bimax with clockwise maxillary rotation accomplished via moving the ans downward, some combo of the two. Need to have a ceph analysis done to know which will bring your particular skeletal anatomy closer to ideals.
Do you know what causes dorsal hump? Is that too much CW rotation or something else?

Do you feel bumps or like downward slopes on the roof of your mouth when you
feel around your palette with your tongue?